Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to get vehicle emissions monitor in ready state?

CSM

1000 Post Club
I'm in a county in OH requiring emissions check now. Mods are in signature. Custom tune by CPE, running defouler on the DP.

Having a tough time getting the emissions monitors to read in ready position. Specifically, catalytic converter and evap seem to be the problem ones.

I've tried resetting KAMs and ECU with no success, even after driving ~1,000 miles to/from SC

Any other upgraded turbo peeps have recommendations?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
First remove the tune (reset to OEM) then post what monitors are not being set.
I have never heard of a tune effecting the EVAP system so you may have a fault there.
In addition if you have over 60K miles on the car, you may have a faulty O2 sensor, CAT, or both.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It’s based on drive cycles (readiness monitors) not just miles. Driving a few weeks of regular day to day does the trick usually. Your tune might have some things set to ignore that could prevent the readiness monitors.

In a regular, untuned car, normally you can get the checks to complete after say 20-60 minutes of driving and 2-3 engine starts. I believe most e-tests will allow you to have one or two checks not "ready". For evap, you also must have a certain amount of fuel in the tank, I believe typically >1/4.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The tune could possibly be a problem.
On the other hand what type of downpipe are you running? It may be difficult for that monitor to set. Take the tune off and go from there.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk