Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to reset steering sensors

Hi,

I have a 2013 Fiesta and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to reset the steering sensors. I need to pass a vehicle inspection and codes keep coming up indicating that there is something wrong with the sensors.

A few months ago I had an alignment done at a dealership in Nova Scotia, and I suspect that the technician forgot to reset the steering sensors. I never had this issue prior to the alignment. The problem is that I'm now in Alberta and can't exactly go back to the same dealership.

Does anyone have any ideas?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You can ask any dealership or any shop simply to clear the codes to see if the problem goes away. Some may charge a few bucks. If you have an AP3 you can do it yourself. You may try disconnecting the battery, not sure if this one is a saved code.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Ok, so I managed to get the codes cleared.

As it turned out, whenever they do an alignment the technician does have to reset the steering sensors so they calibrate. And guess what, this technician didn't. For some reason the dealership back home doesn't think that this has to be done on Ford's, but they are wrong. That was the problem.

I'm all good to go now.