Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hub Centric Options?

Hey guys. Now that it seems team dynamics isn't a realistic option anymore. Who else (if any) is making hub centric wheels in our fitment? I've had bad experience in the past with hub centric wheels and centering rings.

The Sparco Trofeo 4 I got for a winter set ended up being hub centric, which wasn't listed on TireRack.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

The Sparco Trofeo 4 I got for a winter set ended up being hub centric, which wasn't listed on TireRack.
I have found that if you click on the wheel for more info, go to the "hardware provided" section and look it will show what is included with the wheels. If there is a "hub centering rings" option listed then it is NOT hub centric. If the options shown only show lug nuts then the wheel is hub centric.

They do this for all wheels to confirm fitment. So its 100% up to date.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They are somewhat 'pricey' with shipping from jolly ol' England, but really high quality/strength (flow formed, just like the ubiquitous on here Dekagrams), the Speedline Corse Turini model 2120 is hub centric for our rides (they even list it as a 'Ford fitment').

I can only confirm this in their 16x7, 42ET size, don't know about any of the rest.

I have found that if you click on the wheel for more info, go to the "hardware provided" section and look it will show what is included with the wheels. If there is a "hub centering rings" option listed then it is NOT hub centric. If the options shown only show lug nuts then the wheel is hub centric.

They do this for all wheels to confirm fitment. So its 100% up to date.
That's a very handy trick! Thanks for that!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

That's a very handy trick! Thanks for that!
No problem. I hate hub centric spacers and when i found that they list what comes with a pack of wheels it made it easier to decide on my 15x7's.

If anyone is interested reading this the Sparco Terra in 15x7's are lighter than they state on the website. I had mine on a bathroom scale at just under 16lbs which is almost a pound lighter than the Tire Rack website states.

And the Sparco Trofeo 4 is a hub centric wheel, 4x108 +47 and is only 17.5lbs(tire rack says 18.2lbs). Not as wide as others but a solid hub centric wheel for our cars that is lighter than the OE 17" wheels.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I hate hub centric spacers and when i found that they list what comes with a pack of wheels it made it easier to decide on my 15x7's.
The information you gave above about how to determine which wheels available at Tire Rack are hub centric was really helpful. I'm just curious, why do you hate hub centric spacers? I don't know that much about them, but when I went looking for wheels my instinct was to get ones that fit as close to OEM as possible. That was one of the factors that led me to purchase the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels, that they did not need the hub centric spacers, they came in our stock hub bore size.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

The information you gave above about how to determine which wheels available at Tire Rack are hub centric was really helpful. I'm just curious, why do you hate hub centric spacers? I don't know that much about them, but when I went looking for wheels my instinct was to get ones that fit as close to OEM as possible. That was one of the factors that led me to purchase the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels, that they did not need the hub centric spacers, they came in our stock bub bore size.
I personally haven’t had a bad experience but have been at HPDE events where guys would melt the plastic rings from brake heat. They make aluminum hub centric rings now so it shouldn’t be a problem.

For me though, I want the peace of mind knowing the wheel fits snug to the hub without anything needed. If I have to I’ll run the hub centric rings for a specific wheel.

A fair point, I am currently looking for a set of 17” hub centric wheels. My two choices are the Trofeo 4 in silver and 7” width or go with a Konig Lockout in 7.5” width but with a hub ring. The konig has less offset than the Sparco so they widen the track by another 7mm per side. Both are around the same price and weight(16-17lbs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Just installed my snow tires on Motegi wheels, and used the hub centric rings. I got them from Amazon. $10 for a set of 4, free shipping. Easy to use, fit perfectly. Don't see how you could have a bad experience with them. They slip on easily, don't fall off (the grease holds them on), and definitely make centering the wheel a snap. Only thing bad was the brand name. Stance Nation or something like that. Makes me feel like I'm one of those JDM loving ricers or something.

kevinatfms

Just installed my snow tires on Motegi wheels, and used the hub centric rings. I got them from Amazon. $10 for a set of 4, free shipping. Easy to use, fit perfectly. Don't see how you could have a bad experience with them. They slip on easily, don't fall off (the grease holds them on), and definitely make centering the wheel a snap. Only thing bad was the brand name. Stance Nation or something like that. Makes me feel like I'm one of those JDM loving ricers or something.
If you read above, ive seen the plastic one disintegrate on track. Im sure you doodling about with winter tires they will be fine but for us that actively track the car could have issues.

An upgrade would be to go with aluminum hub centric rings for track use. But the plastic ones are a big no-no for me.