Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I have a major oil burning issue...help!!

OP
ywgbandit
Thread Starter #82
This is the best shot I can get of the ground. I do not see concrete evidence of metal transfer, but it's hard to say. The spark plugs only had about 1000 miles on them. If I try to remove the baked on oil I may also remove metal deposits. Even though I'm still suspicious of the fuel. My car may have had the head that had overheating issues. No way to know for sure until I pull the head. Too depressed to start that project just yet.

Attachments

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is the best shot I can get of the ground. I do not see concrete evidence of metal transfer, but it's hard to say. The spark plugs only had about 1000 miles on them. If I try to remove the baked on oil I may also remove metal deposits. Even though I'm still suspicious of the fuel. My car may have had the head that had overheating issues. No way to know for sure until I pull the head. Too depressed to start that project just yet.
What about the other spark plugs? You are looking for tiny divots of discoloration on the ground strap to support evidence of knock (i.e. poor fuel octane). The spark plug from the failed cylinder is tough to see when it is covered in oil.

OP
ywgbandit
Thread Starter #85
It may have been struck by a piece of piston. The other plugs have no damage or deposits all all...they look virtually new.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This is the second last Datalog, the last one did not register or I didn't record it. AP has been requiring two presses of the button sometimes. I could only load it as a .pdf file hope it works.
Works perfectly but, unfortunately the PDF doesn't keep the tab formatting when copied out to Clipboard for paste into Excel. I'd be curious how this compares to values set on stock programming. Without Excel's filtering, looking at a large datasheet like that is a little like looking at a skyscraper through a keyhole from a 30 feet away.