Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I have no idea what I'm doing

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
So I think I can run 15x7 ultraleggeras with a rt660 225/45zr15 with my suspension as it is. Keyword is I think haha. With this setup, id lose 9 pounds per corner and gain a lot more footprint assuming I kept the tire pressure on the low side. Right now I'm running ecsta pa51s 205/40R17. I think this should improve my footprint quite a bit. Although, would it be better to save the extra 2 lbs and get the 205s? They only come in those 2 widths for 15s.

So I think I can run 15x7 ultraleggeras with a rt660 225/45zr15 with my suspension as it is. Keyword is I think haha. With this setup, id lose 9 pounds per corner and gain a lot more footprint assuming I kept the tire pressure on the low side. Right now I'm running ecsta pa51s 205/40R17. I think this should improve my footprint quite a bit. Although, would it be better to save the extra 2 lbs and get the 205s? They only come in those 2 widths for 15s.
One advantage of the 205 would have would be better feel, especially at lower pressures, because 7" is on the narrow side for most 225 width tires.

wetwea33

I used to run RS-RR's, and now I use 888r's. The Toyos seem to have ALOT more lateral grip (which is my main concern). The Federals are great for the money, but this is not my DD so no need for "budget" tires. My downfall at this point, is having stock wheels which means stock...ish tire sizes.
So what tire do you like for max lateral grip?
What tire pressure are you running the R888rs at?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TemecFist

What tire pressure are you running the R888rs at?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I aim for 33 front and 31 rear (hot). It also kind of depends on what type of track I'm running. Shorter tracks, I like a little less pressure with a softer sidewall. More open tracks, I like a stiffer sidewall and a little more pressure.