Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I just might make the Ocatane Academy parking brake lever fit in the stock location:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club

It would take some effort and I would have to figure out a button but I might want it separate, only locks it when I want it to so I can hoon around a bit:)

Just because you are 62 does not mean you cannot have a bit of fun;)

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I considered it but it would be silly for me but I can see you doing it :)

Did you have a good time?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I had a great time, most excellent, lots of fun.....and I learned a few more things which proves an old dog can learn new tricks:)

I really needed to shake out some cobwebs before I take my car to the track, it has been 5 years or more, the school was perfect for it.

------------

I am not into trophies, I have had lots of them and rarely keep them for more than a few days but some my kids wanted me to keep so they were in a box for a few years. I donate them so they can be reused. That said this nice quality piece would be put away and never seen or given away.

I loved using the parking brake with the big handle and I used a regular one for much hoonigan stuff when young so this kind of brings back some fond memories tied with a recent great event:)

I am heading to MMP for the NASA event the 17th and 18th so going to post in the regional forum as I may bring out the big trailer for the weekend and have a bit of a party, it has a killer audio system, 50" TV, etc....I can give a few demo runs in the car, not on the track as not instructor licensed. I will have at least one if not two far better drivers than I am run the car a bit on track to see just how fast it really is.

JPGC

2000 Post Club

It would take some effort and I would have to figure out a button but I might want it separate, only locks it when I want it to so I can hoon around a bit:)

Just because you are 62 does not mean you cannot have a bit of fun;)
Any progress with this...I'm curious to see what you will come up with😀

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
That is a project for a bit later on, I would love to tackle it now but finishing up mods on the car, have to fortify the ramp on the trailer to handle the car weigh as it is a toyhauler and the ramp is made for ATV's, etc...and a ton of little stuff before Thursday afternoon, still tuning the car as well.

When I get to this mod I will probably just weld a bracket to the stock lever after cutting it to lenght then bolt the aluminum section on.

The button would be the hard part to figure out but I have an idea where it has a little lever to flip over and locks when set in one position and does not lock when set the opposite way, then I get to have a fun break like they use at the school and a regular one when needed which I do not need most of the time.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
You didn't happen to get a picture of the setup that they had at the school did you?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
It is a full scale long handle, cut up the console, setup, I did not take any pics, not all day, I kept forgetting my camera....and never use my phone.....I will take pics at the track if they have the cars out on Friday or Saturday when there for the HPDE.