Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I think that I am in trouble.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The dealership where I bought it. (Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram something, shipped it to the Ford dealership. The Ford dealership deniend the power train warranty because of the Fusion cylinder head. The Chrysler dealership ordered a Fiesta cylinder head. fingers crossed.
The Ford stealership is lying. I don't believe for a minute that someone put a Fusion head on it. Was the Fusion even offered with a 1.6t in the US?
EDIT: Yes, it was. But it was essentially the same engine the FiST got.

Last edited:
The Ford stealership is lying. I don't believe for a minute that someone put a Fusion head on it. Was the Fusion even offered with a 1.6t in the US?
EDIT: Yes, it was. But it was essentially the same engine the FiST got.
yea, the 1.5 is what it was called. same engine for the most part as the 1.6, but the later revisions don't have the slots between the cylinders, they have the cross-drilled holes/channels instead. I'm assuming the heads would have to be different as well because of this...

Unless it's a 1.5 block as well, I don't see that working well, but maybe that was the point. If he was pushing as much boost/power as he claimed maybe it's not so far off that the block was replaced as well....

dhminer

2000 Post Club
yea, the 1.5 is what it was called. same engine for the most part as the 1.6, but the later revisions don't have the slots between the cylinders, they have the cross-drilled holes/channels instead. I'm assuming the heads would have to be different as well because of this...

Unless it's a 1.5 block as well, I don't see that working well, but maybe that was the point. If he was pushing as much boost/power as he claimed maybe it's not so far off that the block was replaced as well....
Previous owner probably blew the engine and replaced it with a fusion engine then sold the car.

Dialcaliper

at least in the facelift years (13'+) it was the 1.5 block (I think shorter stroke is the .1L difference? or piston design, not quite sure)

Very similar, but not the same block as the FiST and escapes
It appears from what I can find (which agrees with what you are saying), the pre-facelift Fusion (2013-2014) was the same 1.6T from the ST, (slightly detuned like the Escape version).

Facelift 2014-2017 Fusion uses a destroked (to 76.4mm from 81.4mm) to 1.5L 4-cylinder that is literally just a reduced displacement version of the same engine (apparently because Chinese market road taxes). It hung around another couple years in some markets. That means a different crank and shorter block. Pistons are same diameter and CR, so likely unchanged. Head might be the same.

2018+ Fusion like everything else switched over to the 1.5L 3-Cyl