Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trouble going into 1st and notchy between shifts

So yeah especially from cold start car doesn’t want to go in gear at all and shift are clunky as hell. Gets a little better once warmed up but still sucks tbh help please I just got this thing trying to get it running right before I add a whole lot of powah

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #3
alright will check that out real quick and get back to you

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #5
alright ill give that a try thanks if that works that would be amazing

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would also try changing out the transaxle fluid.

The previous owner (you are the second, or third owner, correct??) might have it filled with Motul Gear 300 fluid which is a bit viscous for any cooler temps, and would result in that type of 'clunky' shift feel when cold, until the gearbox reached warmer operating temps.

Any good MTF-2, or within spec DCT fluid would possible help, even though the MTF-2s are a bit more stout (shear resistant), without being (significantly) any thicker.

take your clutch foot and place the ball of your foot with just a hint of the toes on the pad on the clutch pedal. Now make a bit of a tippy toe foot and push in the clutch until it hits bottom. I suspect that you will find that solves your notchy gear shift. The way these cars are designed means that you cannot get sloppy with foot placement because there is a sort of hollow in the floor pan that will accept the clutch pedal and nothing more. Place your foot on the pedal any old way and your foot will hit the floor pan before the clutch is fully disengaged.

bleeding the clutch and a fluid change for the trans made a big difference in mine. issue largely eliminated at this point.

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #10
i have motul dctf fluid about to go in. also since you guys have mentioned it i now put a little more emphasis on pushing the clutch all the way to the floor and it helps a little am going to try the neutral resest when i have time to take off my intake in the next few days. havent bled anything on the car yet but do intend to soon. only had the car a few weeks so learning all its ticks and flaws pretty quick lol also im new to cars i stunt ride motorcycles so ive built bikes but never cars always wanted a car so i finally got one. long as this thing holds up she will be a monster by the time im done with it