Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Idle control system P0505:00

OP
W

waverider57

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #21
Thanks, I’m looking for a warranted part, so I’m about to pull the trigger on an A1-Auto part from Amazon for around $452 plus tax. They seem to be a good rebuilder, and affordable compared with OEM, I’ve used and am currently using their parts on two of my vehicles with no problems so far. They also manufacture new castings in some cases as well as new internals. I’m sure they’re a Chinese brand, but they seem to be a couple steps above companies like “Vahaha”, etc. This particular kit has the boost controller, new vacuum actuators and lines, as well as the vacuum line that connects to the charge pipe port.

1nsanity

Premium Account

If you were local around the bay area have my oem turbo I pulled after breaking in the car at 7-8k miles in tail end of 2020. Kept “just in case” but would probably swap in another hybrid if ever came down to it. Was probably eventually going to sell to Ron on core exchange pricing which remains open to you as well. I wasn’t clear on who covered shipping and may not really be cost efficient on my end these days. Wasn’t ever a priority asking so just always kept on the back burner.

Have couple spare sets of gaskets needed as well as oem bolts for the down pipe and heads. Probably have arp bolts I just never bothered to use during install.

Let me know and can pull from storage

OP
W

waverider57

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #23
Wow, that’s awfully nice of you to offer, and I wish I wasn’t so pressed for time. I ended up buying a kit from A1-Auto on Amazon, I’ve had good luck with them for years, so hopefully they can build a turbocharger for the masses with some reliability built in.

OP
W

waverider57

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #24
I will be bottle brushing my charge pipes in the deep sink, they’re still coated with oil and moisture, and I really want to get a close look at the residue first to make sure there are no metallic sparkles in the oil mist clinging to the inner surfaces.

OP
W

waverider57

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #25
What a great forum! I’m so glad I joined, you guys are the best! I’ll keep you posted on the progress, the turbocharger will deliver today, and all the gaskets that come in the kit, as well as a new exhaust manifold gasket I bought separately. I probably won’t be able to get started on the job until tomorrow, and will hopefully have it running and back to my son by Friday afternoon. I’ll keep the information coming as I get closer to the end of the job as, or if problems arise. This thread is just as valuable to me as it will be for someone else who has a similar situation in the future.