Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

idle tuning

hello, could someone lend me a hand? I have a 2014 fiesta st with just aem intake and cobb accesport, bought the accesport because of the following problems:
1: if I rev the engine when it reaches idle, it stalls and falls to 500rpm and sometimes it dies
2. if i just tip the pedal it does the same as problem 1
3 if i depress the clutch pedal it revs a little high but when i release it, it happens the same as 1 and 2

I fixed problem 1 adding some etc angle to the "expected idle throttle angle (ETC)" table, but problem 2 and 3 still continuos not matter what else I change, it improved a little by raising rpms to 950 but it should be that way...
Another thing I noticed is that if i depress the clutch pedal and keep it depressed, problem 1 and 2 dont occur...

with stage 3 cobb map it helps a bit, but dont find anything changed between idle tables...
thanks

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqII63vO1UA
edit: happens exactly as that video with the 3 cases

Last edited:

the duke

it gives the same problem from map 1 to 3, but map 3 behaves a little bit better
You don't have the hardware to support use of a stage 3 map. I do not recommend running that map with just your intake.

Do you have the stock intake?

Accesstuner? I've been able to really smooth out the idle, but I'm not sure if anything I've done applies to your issue.

What fuel have you been running? Any other symptoms or error codes? Recent maintenance where it started to happen? Perhaps left a rag in the intake or a sensor is not connected? Did you re-do some of the lines between the charge pipe and the inlet? Does it only happen when you fill up with fuel?

If that was an old school conventional fuel system, the behavior described would mean to me that the car is running way too rich for the pilot circuit... so tough to tell though, and the opposite may be the root cause with a vacuul leak or hose disconnected, exhaust leak, causing additional fuel to be added, best thing perhaps is log some information when this is happening, including :

Actual AFR
ETC Angle Actual
Ign Timing Cyl1
Load Actual

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
To run the stage 3 you will need an upgraded downpipe, induction kit, and intercooler at a minimum. Even if you think its running better, it's almost definitely not. Switching to stage 1 might not solve your problem, but stage 3 shouldn't be used without the mods.

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
Accesstuner? I've been able to really smooth out the idle, but I'm not sure if anything I've done applies to your issue.

What fuel have you been running? Any other symptoms or error codes? Recent maintenance where it started to happen? Perhaps left a rag in the intake or a sensor is not connected? Did you re-do some of the lines between the charge pipe and the inlet? Does it only happen when you fill up with fuel?

If that was an old school conventional fuel system, the behavior described would mean to me that the car is running way too rich for the pilot circuit... so tough to tell though, and the opposite may be the root cause with a vacuul leak or hose disconnected, exhaust leak, causing additional fuel to be added, best thing perhaps is log some information when this is happening, including :

Actual AFR
ETC Angle Actual
Ign Timing Cyl1
Load Actual
afr is 14.5 , etc angle between 2.8 and 3.3, timing 14-17 degrees and it has no leaks it was the first thing I checked, I even checked if camshaft and crankshft are in correct position and everything is fine, today Im going to do the wiring harness repair tsb, just to make sure it is ok, and it gives me no codes at all

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Fixed the idle issue changing the dashpot tables on neutral, the high values are from the stock maps, if someone has that problem feel free to copy the table values

Attachments

Not for nothing, but it seems to me you just tuned around a mechanical issue, which is never a good idea.
I have never had to modify the idle tables of the Fiesta. Ever.

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
Not for nothing, but it seems to me you just tuned around a mechanical issue, which is never a good idea.
I have never had to modify the idle tables of the Fiesta. Ever.
I know, but checked everything and the problem only occurred when dashpot was active, when it didnt reach it there were no issues...