Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

injen intake...strange noise?

Installed an injen intake in the women's fist the other day. Now without sounding like an idiot were getting a strange noise from it. I know it'll make the turbo louder blahblahblah but this noise sounds like water coming out of a faucet/the sucker tool at the dentist office. having turboed cars in the past this doesn't sound normal compared to them. The past cars made more of a constant suction noise where this almost sounds like it's breaking up at lower throttle. Does this sound normal? Only other mod is a boomba spacer.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Can you get a sound clip or video of the sound? I could hear everything that the turbo was doing when I had the ingen.

C. love

mine does that too. With the spacer and intake the sounds from the internal BOV are amplified adding extra wurring noises. I wouldnt worry too much. Im not seeing any negative effects

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #4
I wasn't able to get a video before I started opening her up. However I did find this when I got under the car. Looks like there's a random vacuum line just hanging out out in the open. It goes straight to a small black box which t's off. One vac line goes to the waste gate and the other goes downward and connects into the elbow where the intercooler piping starts. Now would anyone on here happen to know where this open vacuum line goes to? It's so tight in there I can see much

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #5
Pic doesn't seem to be working so here I'll try again...

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Looks like the boost control solenoid. That unconnected line should go to the intake pipe at some point, the other two go to the wastegate actuator and the compressor outlet.

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #8
Lol I'm thinking the same thing c.love. There's just no where to connect it into or i just haven't seen it yet...hmmm

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #9
Found the issue. Looks like it connects into the pos plastic intake elbow that comes off the turbo. The reason I couldn't see it is because the vacuum nipple is broken off of it. Gotta love plastic. Not sure if it's been like that or I did it?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Found the issue. Looks like it connects into the pos plastic intake elbow that comes off the turbo. The reason I couldn't see it is because the vacuum nipple is broken off of it. Gotta love plastic. Not sure if it's been like that or I did it?
Doh, guess it's time for a new intake elbow. ;)

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #11
Doesn't look like there's too much aftermarket stuff out there either. :(

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I am sure you could fix it without replacing it. Plastic weld the broken nipple back on.
Modify and use some kind of bulk head fitting.

Bulk head fitting.jpg

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
That's messed up... I sell one for $150, and people suggest a $320 pumaspeed one, lol. Plus... Mine is nicer :)

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #16
im going to attempt to fix this plastic elbow now lol wish me luck! Bryan, I'm going to try and persuade the wifey about your aftermarket turbo inlet once shes out of work. shes been all about modding her fiesta lately so maybe she'll go for it! [woot]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Any option you choose is great with me :)
I will say that installing removing it, with the turbo on the car is not super fun. Its pretty impressive how big of a pita it is when the turbo its self is fairly easy to pull.

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #18
Thanks Bryan appreciate that! It was a pita to get off but I managed to do it, not looking forward to putting it back on. It'll be a good job for the wife since she's got skinny arms and patience LOL