Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Insurance

Michigan (high no-fault rates), 40, good credit, clean record. I pay $960/year through USAA. $0 comprehensive, glass. Free towing. $500 collision. $200K and $400K limits of liability with $1,000,000. umbrella. Further, I have had unfortunately four claims in 22 months, one a total loss, none at fault. No rate hike, great claim process. You need to get some rate shopping going on.

MPA

$84.50/mo here in the midwest through Geico. Clean driving record only because we can pay lawyers to knock tickets down to non-moving violations :) Good enough credit to get 0% financing on my Fiesta

Bodily Injury Liability: $100,000 per person/$200,000 per occurrence
Property Damage Liability: $100,000 per occurrence
uninsured motorist Bodily Injury: $100,000 per person/$200,000 per occurrence
Comp/Coll Deductible: $500
Rental Reimbursement: $30/Day - $900 Max

OP
S
Thread Starter #23
Thanks for all the replies. I know I'm being hosed. I'm retired and spend my time doing what I please and don't spend a lot of time at home. Tomorrow I get the pleasure of speaking to a person at the agency to discuss my issues. I have a feeling I'll have new insurance very soon!

Hi folks,

I'm new on this board. I've had my FIST for less than a week & I love this little beast. My insurance is going to run me $230 per MONTH! This seems excessive to me. 63 yo, clean driving record for over 20 yrs and a credit rating over 800. Anyone here can meet or beat this horror story?

STewpid
I can beat that. Last spring I bought a 2014 Fiesta SE 5-speed. I was living in Hamtramck, MI. I'm 40 years old and have a clean driving record. Remember, this is for an ordinary Fiesta, not an ST. Progressive wanted to charge me $445 PER MONTH. I had to register my car at my dad's house, well away from the city. It was still $220/month. I moved to Long Beach, CA, and it dropped to $91/month. Traded the Fiesta for a FiST, and it only went up to $98/month.

I still have no idea what my credit rating has to do with my insurance rate, though. Am I more likely to get my car stolen if I have a high debt load? Will I crash my car if I've been late on credit card payments in the past? How is my driving record and credit rating related? It's a mystery.

I still have no idea what my credit rating has to do with my insurance rate, though. Am I more likely to get my car stolen if I have a high debt load? Will I crash my car if I've been late on credit card payments in the past? How is my driving record and credit rating related? It's a mystery.
Insurance actuarial tables show a strong correlation between people with poor credit and higher costs to insure (read: more claims and more expensive claims).

whether your car is insured as an ST or just a Fiesta
There's a reason why you give the VIN to the insurance company... There is no hiding the fact that your car has or doesn't have certain options on it. The days of being able to insure your hot hatch as if it were the "cooking version" of the economy car on which it is based are gone.

OP
S
Thread Starter #27
Thanks for all the great replies and info about the premium price spread. Got a quote from the same agent as before with a package from a different insurance provider. WOW!
From $230/mth to $90/mth is nearly bearable. My other 2 vehicles and homeowners policy came down as well.I signed up for the next quarter at the new rates while I look at other options. I was with a top tier co. (Hartford) for over 20 years. I need to check and find out any ratings about the new insurance co. I'm curious about the price spread between
nearly identical policies.

32 year old, clean record. $40 per month with high deductables. Been driving 16 years without a claim. Its also my #4 car insured. And I also have my house with them (State Farm).

$110 per month for four vehicles.

15 Fiesta $40
94 Mazda 626 $30 liability only
84 K30 $30 liability only
15 KTM $10

Was going to be 190 something a month in my name, figured I'd look into insuring it in my fiances name and add me on. Dropped it down to 50 a month :) I have one not at fault accident from two years ago. Through gieco. Insurance was part of the reason I got the fist, I used to pay almost 300 a month with my gti.

PhoenixM3

Hi folks,

I'm new on this board. I've had my FIST for less than a week & I love this little beast. My insurance is going to run me $230 per MONTH! This seems excessive to me. 63 yo, clean driving record for over 20 yrs and a credit rating over 800. Anyone here can meet or beat this horror story?

STewpid
Can't beat that on the FiST, but I'm 51 and my GT500 costs me $3600/year in Italy, which nearly equals the car payment.....

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Insurance actuarial tables show a strong correlation between people with poor credit and higher costs to insure (read: more claims and more expensive claims).

There's a reason why you give the VIN to the insurance company... There is no hiding the fact that your car has or doesn't have certain options on it. The days of being able to insure your hot hatch as if it were the "cooking version" of the economy car on which it is based are gone.
I am not disputing this.
However, I have piss poor credit with two bankruptcies and a house foreclosure.
I traded in my '11 Fiesta (was upside down) for the '14 FiST and my insurance went down.

I insure two cars with FULL coverage, with unlimited mileage, $100.00 deductible, $100K-$200K coverage including uninsured motorist, plus gap, & rental.
I just made the payment for the annual policy at $1059.96.

Dave

KKaWing

I am not disputing this.
However, I have piss poor credit with two bankruptcies and a house foreclosure.
I traded in my '11 Fiesta (was upside down) for the '14 FiST and my insurance went down.

I insure two cars with FULL coverage, with unlimited mileage, $100.00 deductible, $100K-$200K coverage including uninsured motorist, plus gap, & rental.
I just made the payment for the annual policy at $1059.96.

Dave
@_@ I pay twice that a year for my one FiST with 2mil liability (thanks ambulance chasers and scammers), 0 deductable, and specified perils. Oh did I mention no mods and no track (again thank you ambulance chasers... they sued private insurance after they sucked the track insurance dry for a drag strip accident. We can't exclude locations now so yeah...)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Driving on a track can not raise your rates however racing can.

On a dragstrip you are timed so you are racing a clock.
Autocross and other track events are usually the same.

I choose to drive road race courses at open track events, NOT racing.
With limited passing locations on the track (for safety) it is hard to say we are racing other cars.
I also choose NOT to use a timing device (transponder) therefore not racing the clock either.

For these reasons I am enhancing my driving skills and not violating my premium guidelines.

Dave

29 yr and I pay ~$386 every 6 months, I pay it all up front, with $500 deductible with AmFam. If you've got great credit, I'd definitely would call them...