Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Introduction and a question about insurance?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new (not yet qualified) driver, and I'm looking to buy a mark VI (UK) Fiesta ST as my first car. However, it seems that the insurance prices are sky high to insure - the lowest I have been quoted is about 3 and a half grand!
Does anyone have any tips or companies to recommend that insure this sort of car for younger drivers at somewhat more affordable premiums? I know there must be lower prices out there because my friend owns a 2.5 litre LR Defender 90 and was able to get insured for just under 2000.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I'm a new (not yet qualified) driver, and I'm looking to buy a mark VI (UK) Fiesta ST as my first car. However, it seems that the insurance prices are sky high to insure - the lowest I have been quoted is about 3 and a half grand!
Does anyone have any tips or companies to recommend that insure this sort of car for younger drivers at somewhat more affordable premiums? I know there must be lower prices out there because my friend owns a 2.5 litre LR Defender 90 and was able to get insured for just under 2000.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

I can't speak to UK insurance rates, however, for a young driver it makes sense that you would probably pay more for a mk6 fiesta st than a defender 90 just based on age of the vehicle and other risk factors. £3,500 seems like a lot, but again I know nothing about UK insurance pricing other than what I saw on Top Gear once...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
$3,500 GBP is nearly $4,600 USD or $9,200 USD/year because they only want to do month-to-month or six-month deals. At that price, basically the insurance companies are saying they want to get even wealthier off your driving... and/or they don't want you driving. Here, that's a price they throw out there when they're basically saying G.F.Y. we don't want your business.