Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interesting.....SLEEPER BUG: 517 WHP Subaru-powered 1973 VW Super Beetle

I'm currently in the progress of fitting an EJ22T in mine but with an adapter plate (which is the most common way to do it) to mate to the stock vw transmission. It is able to hold a stock engine as long as you don't trash it too much. This swap is as old as the ej engine itself and the Aussie are the pioneers of the swap. The reverse pinion and ring gear that makes it possible to use the Subaru transmission (still with a lot of hacking to it, to make it more compact) is made in Australia and they are the only one currently offering it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That Lady is dumber than a Bag of wet mice. That guy should know better handing the reigns of that car to an unsuspecting newbie. Seems like a good way to Kevin Hart the Bug*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I met a dude that had a turbo rotary in his old VW. Shiit was fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its cool, trannies are like $500 in Vegas.......................................

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has a dogbox, pretty sure it's not what will break first and would not be 500$ either way!

TemecFist

That Lady is dumber than a Bag of wet mice. That guy should know better handing the reigns of that car to an unsuspecting newbie. Seems like a good way to Kevin Hart the Bug*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
She isnt really a "newbie" per se'.....I mean, she not only drove and competed in the King of the Hammers, but she was the first female to complete it, and KOH isnt really an easy race.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
She isnt really a "newbie" per se'.....I mean, she not only drove and competed in the King of the Hammers, but she was the first female to complete it, and KOH isnt really an easy race.
But a massive difference in slow finesse climbing vs. fast, flat carving skills. Her skill now is YT content. I'd do it if I had something to do it on.

TemecFist

But a massive difference in slow finesse climbing vs. fast, flat carving skills. Her skill now is YT content. I'd do it if I had something to do it on.
Very true, but she wasnt doing fast, flat carving....at least in this episode. All I'm saying is, that she prob has more skill than the average female.

Did any of your guys pick up on how quickly she mastered that Dogbox? By the end of her drive she was shifting that box smoother than the guy who built the car. Folks, shifting Dogbaox is a whole new level of skill and most take a lot more time to adapt than that gal did.