Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intermittent start

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Replaced 4 year old dead battery with a new one. Car wont start now. Same as the dead battery! Any ideas???

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Are you sure the replaced battery was dead?
Could you have a blown main fuse?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Everything comes on. I get one click from the starter solenoid but no spinning. Is there a fuse by the starter?? Every fuse i checked is not blown

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Starter inhibit relay is R9
Starter inhibit relay fuse is F10

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Underhood or passenger compartment?

Got it running. I may have a bad starter

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As per diagram above, it says "Battery Junction Box", that one is under the hood next to the battery. :)

joesiris

im due for a new battery, I hope this isn't a trend. kinda irrelevant but my last car was a 2003 lancer OZ rally edition and any time you disconnected the battery for any reason (including changing the battery) it would idle really rough for almost 10 miles exactly. just had to go for a drive and hope you didn't have to stop too much (cuz it would stall every time). looked it up once and I guess it was common, like some sort of ecu reset period

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Cant be 100%. Its got 100k on it and been through all the weather including a few tornado/intense rain conditions. Not to mention 4 winters of using the underbody spray at the touchless wash to get. The crud off the bottom of the car.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
im due for a new battery, I hope this isn't a trend. kinda irrelevant but my last car was a 2003 lancer OZ rally edition and any time you disconnected the battery for any reason (including changing the battery) it would idle really rough for almost 10 miles exactly. just had to go for a drive and hope you didn't have to stop too much (cuz it would stall every time). looked it up once and I guess it was common, like some sort of ecu reset period
Id get it before battery death and an overworked alternator. Picked up the agm autocraft gold in 96R.

joesiris

Id get it before battery death and an overworked alternator. Picked up the agm autocraft gold in 96R.
that's funny cuz that's the battery sitting in my "shopping cart" online right now...they're having a 500 bonus reward points for speed perks right now, you've made me want to stop by there after work tomorrow now

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
It fits and it works and its an agm. Car lights off real quick too.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am wondering just how long this battery has been available, since I thought the ONLY 96R AGM option was going to be the not yet released Odyssey 96R-600?? [???:)]

joesiris

that im not sure about, but a few weeks ago I saw this after I noticed some corrosion on my battery terminal. after that I started looking on the forum for best battery options. wasn't till I saw PunkST post that I decided that for sure this is what id get. which is good cuz this is where I normally shop for this kind of stuff

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It doesn't say anything about being agm.
I put a AGM battery in my wife's car and it was the Platinum series.
I'm not calling you a liar but we need pics for proof, because people have been looking for a AGM 96r battery.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk