Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
Maybe that's why they switched bearing manufacturers. They use Kings now. I was planning on going with a thicker weight oil this time. 10w 30 probably. Also, that sounds to me like it could be a qa problem too. Maybe they didn't use the right torques or incorrectly installed the bearings. It could just be your motor or it could have been a couple. They've had problems with the x47 so it doesn't surprise me that some motors may come out with defects.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

eq5

Bought it a month ago, it was ACL what they offered then. Anyway seems like a careless assembly error, installing them with too tight clearances(they can be measured from the remaining rods).

Problem is amplified if we also start using higher viscosity oil to handle higher oil temperatures. Ford's oil pump keeps a constant pressure around 45psi, even at 7000 RPM. Take that RPM, increased rod/piston weight, tighter clearance, thicker oil and higher load(more flex) and we could run into a problem real quick.

Anyway it is something that is rather easy and cheap to check, compared to the possible costs if something happens when left unchecked.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
So pumaspeed isn't an option anymore because they took too long to build the engine. I'm out 100 pounds which is roughly 130 dollars but on a plus side I ordered everything I'll ever need. I'll get back to yall with a parts list when everything comes in.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-MRX-1-6L-EcoBoost-Short-Block-Engine-p/6064-sb-160a.htm yes it does seem to have the gap still but all pumaspeed did was put a shim in it. To be honest with you I'm not too concerned with it. I have liners now so the amount of stress it can handle with be far more. The gap seems smaller in the mrx motor though than the stock motor pumaspeed took a picture of.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Hey guys how do I remove the slave cylinde and this other part from the transmission

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
So for anyone who also is having a difficult time figuring this out haha. The ribbed section of the hose pulls towards the front of the car to release it from the bracket and you get the connector off with either a trim removal tool or a screw driver.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe that's why they switched bearing manufacturers. They use Kings now. I was planning on going with a thicker weight oil this time. 10w 30 probably. Also, that sounds to me like it could be a qa problem too. Maybe they didn't use the right torques or incorrectly installed the bearings. It could just be your motor or it could have been a couple. They've had problems with the x47 so it doesn't surprise me that some motors may come out with defects.

Why 10w30? its still a 30 weight when it gets up to operating temp just alike 5w30....Why not roll a 0W40....5W40?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Why 10w30? its still a 30 weight when it gets up to operating temp just alike 5w30....Why not roll a 0W40....5W40?
I'll be honest with you, I don't know much about oils and I was planning to research it when the time came to make the purchase. At this point though with a brand new engine I need to research break in oils first though.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does Mountune Rec. A certain weight? Id be asking them...... I wonder when the Long block is going to be put up on their site? I see the Short blocks.....[driving]

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
They had said 3 days from the time I called which was last Tuesday but as you can see, and we I saw yesterday it's still not there. I will be giving them a call for recommended oil before research as well as break in procedure because I've never seasoned a car with cam tappets and I know they take a special break in. I think it's letting the car idle at 2500+ rpms for 15 mins but I could be wrong so that's why I'm going to ask.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wish there was a good way to look at the Block without taking off the head to inspect the cylinder gap between all of cylinders.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
Maybe from underneath? Drop the oil pan? I have the engine out I can take it off this afternoon or tomorrow and see what I can see.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You would have to take the head off to see the cylinder gaps and if they are closing or damaged.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
Meh that's a project for another day. Eventually I will but I need to get it running first. Plus Ron has gotten a lot... Of my money lately so I'll be installing his parts while I wait for the engine.

eq5

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-MRX-1-6L-EcoBoost-Short-Block-Engine-p/6064-sb-160a.htm yes it does seem to have the gap still but all pumaspeed did was put a shim in it. To be honest with you I'm not too concerned with it. I have liners now so the amount of stress it can handle with be far more. The gap seems smaller in the mrx motor though than the stock motor pumaspeed took a picture of.

Attached are photos of my first engine. It drove 250 competitive miles from brand new under 1.6 bars of boost. Gap between cylinders gave way for distortion which in return also took a piece out of the top aluminium "ring".

I e-mailed mountune about it concerning the MRX, waiting for a reply now. Haven't seen the MRX built-up block with cylinder support before on their page, must be quite a new addition to their product line?

Are you using the Service Manual for disassembly(transmission etc)?

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
Lol nope, no service manual. Just went for it haha. It was pretty simple though to take it out.