Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

JDG Build Thread (S280 Turbo, Full E85, Custom Parts & Rallycross Discussion)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We'll have one more mixed surface event at Milan raceway 12/5 too, just saying.... in case you didn't get your fix for the year lol
Is there enough tarmac at this event that the more serious competitors are motivated to actually use (Cooper, or otherwise) tires like the World Rallycross series do? [dunno]

Is there enough tarmac at this event that the more serious competitors are motivated to actually use (Cooper, or otherwise) tires like the World Rallycross series do? [dunno]
Some were running 200 treadwear tires... I think people were limited to what they had available in the garage at the time, but I know I torched a set of medium MRF's, and folks with any respectable power liquefied their snow tires. It needs to be more dirt/gravel than pavement but that ratio can't be far from 51:49...

(I apologize for highjacking the thread @JDG , I promise I'm done with my plug to come race up here!)

Did you fix the one foglight? Did it come disconnected from throwing all that dirt around? :D

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #87
Did you fix the one foglight? Did it come disconnected from throwing all that dirt around? :D
I DESTROYED a bunch of cones with that side of the bumper during one of my runs and it stopped working. Have yet to diagnose but I bet the harness broke as I did not secure it very well. It has happened once before on the opposite side LOL.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #88
Got around to installing my svt rear brakes. So far so good, just got back from bedding everything in.

Also decided to take advantage of Raceseng’s 20% off sale and upgrade the shift knob again. They make some of the best shift knobs on the market and are made in the great state of PA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask why you chose the st200 airbox? Does it give enough flow? I’m indecisive about which to get between the st200 box or itg intake. Just curious how you decided.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #93
Can I ask why you chose the st200 airbox? Does it give enough flow? I’m indecisive about which to get between the st200 box or itg intake. Just curious how you decided.
Of course you can ask :)

I had the CP-E Intake Previously but with rallycross in the summer time, it gets very dusty and the filter was not doing a good enough job. I was finding the fine dust in the intake tract and at the turbo even with a prefilter. I hated cleaning my filter every event as it was a process.

I decided to move to the ST200 intake with the OEM paper filters and noticed absolutely no change in performance with the butt dyno. Now I can stockpile OEM paper filters for $15-20 each and replace them right after a dusty event in 5 minutes.

So basically, I did it strictly out of convenience and piece of mind that my intake tract stayed clean (it is noticeable cleaner swapping from cotton CP-E filter to OEM paper).

The ST200 intake also still allows you to hear the turbo a good amount (but not as much as the CP-E or ITG intakes would). There may be a small performance decrement compared to the more open air filters but even if it's 10HP up top the better filtration is worth it for my use case.

Of course you can ask :)

I had the CP-E Intake Previously but with rallycross in the summer time, it gets very dusty and the filter was not doing a good enough job. I was finding the fine dust in the intake tract and at the turbo even with a prefilter. I hated cleaning my filter every event as it was a process.

I decided to move to the ST200 intake with the OEM paper filters and noticed absolutely no change in performance with the butt dyno. Now I can stockpile OEM paper filters for $15-20 each and replace them right after a dusty event in 5 minutes.

So basically, I did it strictly out of convenience and piece of mind that my intake tract stayed clean (it is noticeable cleaner swapping from cotton CP-E filter to OEM paper).

The ST200 intake also still allows you to hear the turbo a good amount (but not as much as the CP-E or ITG intakes would). There may be a small performance decrement compared to the more open air filters but even if it's 10HP up top the better filtration is worth it for my use case.
Oh ok, that completely makes sense! Thanks for the info! Awesome build by the way!! Looks like a load of fun!!!

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #97
Did you get your cold start issues fixed?
The car has started up 3 days in a row (including today at 22F) with ethanol in the tank so.... I guess? Mitch messed around with the cold start fueling a tad back before the winter and it still buggered the start a couple of times but was slightly improved. But given the consistent cold start performance as of late the problem seems to have fixed itself? I ran some Amsoil PI in a few of the pump gas fill ups so maybe that helped with a plugged injector but who knows.

Edit: It never had an issue cold starting with 93 octane in the tank so this was always an ethanol-only problem which seems pretty common among platforms when running full-E

Last edited:

Erick_V

The car has started up 3 days in a row (including today at 22F) with ethanol in the tank so.... I guess? Mitch messed around with the cold start fueling a tad back before the winter and it still buggered the start a couple of times but was slightly improved. But given the consistent cold start performance as of late the problem seems to have fixed itself? I ran some Amsoil PI in a few of the pump gas fill ups so maybe that helped with a plugged injector but who knows.

Edit: It never had an issue cold starting with 93 octane in the tank so this was always an ethanol-only problem which seems pretty common among platforms when running full-E
Good to hear. Always loved the idea of running full E and luckily it doesn’t get too cold here in South Texas. Also, that vDyno looks great! Still making almost 300tq at redline 👍

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #99
Good to hear. Always loved the idea of running full E and luckily it doesn’t get too cold here in South Texas. Also, that vDyno looks great! Still making almost 300tq at redline 👍
Yeah it feels pretty wild. 4th gear pulls are like 3rd gear on 93 octane. 3rd gear really has issues with grip between 4-5.5k RPM so hopefully an LSD will help with that. It still blows my mind how happy this car makes me everytime I get in it.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Is mitch still doing tuning for you? He did my turbo install and tune. Considering S280 in next year or so and was thinking about reaching back out to him to see if he's still in the game.

Also nice to see your Blackstone reports are coming back nicely. Looks very similar to mine! i'll see if i can dig up