Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got car back (longblock replacement) - now, 240 miles later, no oil.

Just got my car back from the dealership after a 7 week complete long block replacement (warranty). I go to drive the car today and it's smoking like crazy out the tailpipe. Check the oil, and it's bone dry. It has not even been 250 miles since I've had it back! No drips anywhere! What the heck happened? There is literally smoke coming out the dipstick when I go to check the oil.

Should I add oil and drive to the dealership or have this thing towed?

Just venting at this point but I'll keep this thread updated. This sucks.

Also, a few pictures of the carnage before the engine replacement. (While I have my phone connected)

http://imgur.com/a/Gg1K8

Have it towed. I wouldn't add anything to it. Let the dealership have it back exactly how they gave it to you.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Dealer may try to push back if you fill it with oil and attempt to drive it. I say get it towed as well.

Yikes, engine #3 here you come. I would actually leave the car where it's at and tell the dealer to come get it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Can't believe the idiots didn't add any oil.....I cringe at the incompetency at the dealers

Dang! Would a motor even last that many miles w/o any oil? I can only think maybe the motor was eating the oil via turbo, but that would have smoked lots. Keep us updated!

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
Had the car towed to the dealership this morning. Apparently I did a poor job checking the oil because it was just low, not empty. The car is still smoking like crazy and they are taking a look right now.

If it took that long for any oil to drain to the pan I would still call it empty. If the car is smoking like crazy then oil has to be getting into the cylinder some how. Do you know that dealer to have an upstanding service record? If they got the long block already assembled and it's brand new, I don't see where the mistake could have been, unless they forgot the head gasket, but you would have many other issues.

me32

1000 Post Club
Had the car towed to the dealership this morning. Apparently I did a poor job checking the oil because it was just low, not empty. The car is still smoking like crazy and they are taking a look right now.
Something isnt right for sure

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd lose my shit if my car was smoking like that after a new block. They f'ed up royally. What or how is irrelevant at this point. Don't take anything less than a complete new engine!

me32

1000 Post Club
Thats smoking pretty bad. Does it clear up at all when at full operating temp?