Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just Got FiSTed!

Hey persons! Just got my first sub-100k mi car a few days ago, an (almost) fully loaded (missing recaros) '15 performance blue ST with 38k on it. OHMYGODILOVEIT. Ever since I first went to England about 13-14yrs (13yrs old?) ago I fell in love with tiny cars, specifically the Fiesta. I loved how different they were compared to American cars. I think I almost died when they first came to the US of A. Only reason it took me 10yrs of driving to finally get one was because of the stigma of economy cars (especially Fords)... That was until I found out, in my recent search of a newer car than a 1998 (literally, my first car was a '98 Isuzu Amigo that lasted 10yrs, first bike was and still is a '98 Bandit 1200, and my second car and current backup is a supercharged '98 Riv), that not only could I get my first newer car, but that I could achieve my young teenage dream IN STYLE! She rides like the Amigo, moves like the Riv (minus the smooth power delivery of a Buick 4 speed auto), and handles like my Suzi GS500. I could go on forever. I'm a stranger to neither quickness (or speed for that matter), nor "firm" rides. I'm single, my joints, bones, and muscles are good, and have no need for excess (except fun). A perfect fit. Even my size 15 shoes are compatible! Hell, I don't even know what to do with all my leftover sound system stuff (okay the audio in this thing kinda blows, but hey, that's what exhaust and road noise is for).
Now, for the unfortunates. Yes, this pretty much IS an economy car with a performance package, so over the last few days I've found economy issues. Panels with paint rubbed through, plastic interiors coming loose at the corners, driver's interior door handle starting to separate, side skirt adhesive worn out, windshield weatherstripping flapping, another list of the typical eco issues. I'd be no better in a Nissan... and most unfortunate, the previous owner was negligent, borderline abusive. For tires she's got 3 newer Nankangs and a half worn Sailun. I found the optional ashtray sitting in the glovebox, nasty. And don't even get me started on the brakes. I'm gonna check tomorrow with some mics, but I'm pretty sure the rotors are below min thickness... with almost new pads. Upon doing an oil change, with myself being the only one I trust to use quality products, I noticed a front rotor with less than half its surface being used, as opposed to the other side. I'd like to use street performance brake parts, but I bought the car from a dealership, so I'm gonna pull the "used car safety law", it SHOULD be covered. Same with the oscillating whirring on the right that goes away with weight shifting, if it's a wheel bearing that might also be covered. I find it hard to believe that even the cheapest of chinese tires manufactured in June of '17 could be the cause. I understand if you're broke you gotta do what you gotta do, my grandparents were the same, "Whatever's cheapest" was all I ever heard around them, but I'll take safety over sum any day.
On the bright side (or not), I found a few aftermarket parts. Mountune airbox (read it's pointless without a tune / bigger turbo), exhaust (can't identify logo, probably Pepboys $50 special). I couldn't find a way to check the pcm software version with my $180 Autel scantool (I know, but it works well enough). I DID however get to see some things like the octane learn relative percentage, 46%, I'm thinking it's supposed to be 100% with good gas. I just used up the half tank the dealer put in at delivery today, I filled it with Mobil 93, hopefully the knock count diminishes and oar gets better. She had about 5-10 counts on a 60mi trip the other day [sad]
ANYWAY, I plan on being a long time owner of this sweet plum, especially after hearing about the ceasing of sales for '18. So she'll be getting 3k oil changes (like my older cars), probably a catch can (probably too late...), and 93 gas full time (like the Riv and Bandit). The boosted routine is nothing new to me, just a turbo instead of sc. I'm sure I'll be around. Peace out homeslices!