Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kona N

ronmcdon

Thats a nice package. I'm not one usually for lowering the car a lot, but this would look great in the way a modded subaru forester in the 00's would look. Having a Kona N would provide more utility than the Veloster N or upcoming Elantra N.

Last edited:
This, in an N version with AWD and the 'correct' gearbox, is about the ONLY SUV/CUV I'd ever be interested in owning. [wink] [driving]
I could see it having a manual box if it's fwd but I'm having no hopes of a AWD manual option at all. AWD maybe. AWD & manual? That would be a dream come true, but not holding my breath at all.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I could see it having a manual box if it's fwd but I'm having no hopes of a AWD manual option at all. AWD maybe. AWD & manual? That would be a dream come true, but not holding my breath at all.
The "correct" thing was implying a GREAT, better than just 'decent' DCT, as well as a full manual. [wink]
But I am not too sure of (and very un-familiar with) 'dai's actual capabilities as far as that is concerned. [dunno]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
THIS, I will have to see in person.... The 2022 Santa Cruz will be built at Hyundai's plant in Montgomery, Alabama, where the Elantra, Sonata, and Santa Fe are bolted together. The Santa Cruz is expected to share underpinnings with the 2022 Tucson, meaning we're looking at car-like unibody construction (as opposed to truck-like body-on-frame construction). Honda does the same for its Ridgeline pickup which is related to the Pilot crossover SUV, and Ford has also promised to launch a small, car-based pickup.

US-built 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz pickup truck coming in 2021 (motorauthority.com)

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Confirmed it will only come with DCT, but with AWD, it will perform awesome I'm sure
AWD has not been confirmed. Beirman stated that it would use the i30N powerplant and transmission. There is no AWD i30N. Do not be surprised when this comes FWD only.

However I have a Veloster N, and even FWD its still very very capable.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I believe it will be the Kona is very popular.

When you own the steel company, when you make the robots and the software for them, and when you own the ships for the ones that are made in Korea your business is pretty much unstoppable.

On top of it they're actually supporting jobs in the southeast and that is something I care about. The American manufacturers have never done anything for the southeast when it comes to employment.

The only thing that I don't like about Hyundai/Kia is that the ECU is pretty much locked and there's no AP or similar devices that can easily unlock the dormant potential of the car. You must send your ECU to the tuners and prices are quite steep.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The only thing that I don't like about Hyundai/Kia is that the ECU is pretty much locked and there's no AP or similar devices that can easily unlock the dormant potential of the car. You must send your ECU to the tuners and prices are quite steep.
When Cobb / anyone else decides to support the platform it'll be worth while. The car is dying for tuning, there is NO way to do it in car and any other way just isn't efficient.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When Cobb / anyone else decides to support the platform it'll be worth while. The car is dying for tuning, there is NO way to do it in car and any other way just isn't efficient.
I am guessing that 'dai will NOT just sell you a new ECU without showing them/turning in to them, a fried original first. [dunno]

So there goes the ability to use the car while your ECU is at the tuner, and also the ability to swap in an untuned, factory stock box if the 'need arises'. [wink]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Agreed. I had to send my Volvo ECU away back in 2005? Like a dentist's drill and fill, you forget about it later, but it's a pain while waiting...

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

idk man. Vast majority of people that buy these “SU”Vs don’t know what tuning means or even that it exists as an option for cars in general. The car is a utility, and they get the options they want and end up with the N and may not even realize they have an N.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
idk man. Vast majority of people that buy these “SU”Vs don’t know what tuning means or even that it exists as an option for cars in general. The car is a utility, and they get the options they want and end up with the N and may not even realize they have an N.
We are talking about Hyundai, Kia and Genesis as a whole when it comes to performance tunes.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, the sales fools will tell them it's just the 'upscale/upgraded' model, and they might go for it solely for the 'status' BS reasons.