Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kw V3 or Fortune coilover

antarctica24

Please help me make a choice! Been debating for the past week on which coilovers setups to go with! I’m open to hearing feed back on both. My car is my daily but it will be tracked/ auto crossed when time allows. I’m also open to other options within the same quality! Looking to purchase ASAP!!!!!’nn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While everyone has their own taste I’ll share this. Kw has been at this a long time and has substantial resources in the development of their product. I went from a bc to the kw, and I am extremely happy with my choice. My Friend has the fortune and he is happy with his choice. I wouldn’t buy bc again if they were the last coil over company on the planet. This is one of those things that’s hard to get an opinion on because it’s a personal taste. But the kw are designed for performance with quality ride the fortunes put performance over ride. Hope that helps

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I may get the KW set when my current coils finish wearing out. Anyone know of some standalone adjustable top-hats for the fronts?

I wonder is suspension developed for the 3 door hatch does not perform the same way when it's installed on the 5 door hatch that we have for the USDM? I'm liking Fortune Auto coil overs for a few reasons. They are assembled in the U.S. and therefore the service should be an easier process. It's also nice when you can call someone with a tech question. Also, their turn was developed on a USDM FiST.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I had ST‘s which are technically lower line KW’s . Progressive springs. I am now on MeisterR’s ( linear springs) which actually like Fortune did a lot of research in the application to our cars. Plus MeisterR has BTC championships under their belt.
Not to throw water on KW but I think these alternatives that are well thought out and have done a lot of tuning and research specifically for our cars are better choices.
The MeisterR ZetaCRD being the bang for the buck with the Fortune 500 series coming up on the heels at a little more. The 510’s are much in the same category as the MiesterR GT1’s and about the same price range which is KW V3 land.
Thing is one needs to think how much do they need. Pick your coilover aimed towards your driving application.
I seriously considered the Fortunes but having friends on MeisterR’s really helped seal the deal for me. I was able to get feedback from people I know rather than just the net.

Last edited:

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
What made you go from Fortune vs. KW and choose Feal?
I lied, I did Fortune sorry. I've ran Feal on a 350 and they were the absolute best ride I've ever had

I probably should have went Feal again but I have this mental block with Fortune Auto. Ten years back I spent $2,200 on a set I never even took out the box because I had to sale them. So I've always wanted to try another set

Win win either way

ronmcdon

The Meister GT1's work really well as a daily driver coilover even with stiffer 8/6 rates. If one can wait for black Friday, it's a solid value for right around 1600 or right around 1900 with Swift springs and different rates.
I think one can't go wrong with either, but the slightly lower cost of Meister's are welcome. One thing to consider is the GT1's might take longer. give or take it was maybe 3 months before I got mine after ordering them in Nov '20, which bear in mind the pandemic was likely causing more delays.

I'm not sure if the Fortune 510s are recommended as a something that can be daily driven. Seems like a lot of the reviews and feedback I read for the other cars were that it was more harsh and better suited to track use. Have yet to find a lot of feedback on the fiesta for the 510's. Seems like most are happy with the more affordable 500's.

Same dilema here.
Id like a set of adjustable coilovers.
KW v3 are my main target, but price is steep.

FA500 seems to be well recommended for a daily, I see a set of F8k/R6k for sale on the forum here.

Alternatively, I'm looking at Scale coilovers.

I drive on awful roads. Would 8f/6r be too much?

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Same dilema here.
Id like a set of adjustable coilovers.
KW v3 are my main target, but price is steep.

FA500 seems to be well recommended for a daily, I see a set of F8k/R6k for sale on the forum here.

Alternatively, I'm looking at Scale coilovers.

I drive on awful roads. Would 8f/6r be too much?

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
the question is do you want progessive springs or linear springs. KW‘s come with progressive springs . ”Fortunes come with Linear. Also 500’s are cheaper than KW V3 . KWV3 are right in line with MeisterR GT1’s and a touch below Fortune 510’s.
500’s are between those and MeisterR ZetaCRD’s which is what I have. I had ST XTA which are a lower line KW. I actually like my MeisterR’s better. Again MeisterR’s use linear springs ST’s use progressive.
To maybe help you decide a progressive spring alters its rate depending on compressing and is considered to be better on roads that are rough and uneven VS linear springs that literally keep the same rate at all times. Though the difference is linear are a bit more predictable and respond more predictably vs linear that can be less predictable. Track guys tend to prefer linear because of this. Some people claim on regular streets linear makes you feel more bumps. That is not exactly completely accurate . There is a lot to spring and shock setups besides just the spring and valving of a shock can determine a lot of what you feel as well.. Some shocks might bottom on the bump stops in a crashing sort of way feeling harsh even with progressive springs which should help. Others might not even with linear. So its not so cut and dry as some people think and both can give a nice ride depending again on shock valving.

ronmcdon

you may want to look also at whether the KWs allow you to change spring rates.

miester and fortune 500s allow for that. meister charges extra maybe $280ish if you want different spring rates over the default 5k/4k but you get Swifts. Fortune no cost extra to move spring rates, and you can pay extra to get Swift or Hypercoil.

btw price for 500s have gone up a lot. regular 500s w/out upgraded hypercoil or swifts are like 1600 and close to 2000 with them. Think they were approx $300 cheaper when I looked back in Nov ‘19.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^When I contacted BOTH Bilstein's (about their B14s), and KW's tech departments they both told me NOT to even think about installing linear springs onto their valved for progressive springs, coil over dampers.

I am fairly certain the same would hold true for different spring rates, at least spring rates way out of the range of the ones provided with their kits, whether linear OR progressive.

ronmcdon

damn that sucks. if thats the case not sure I understand theres a case for going over the KWs over the Meisters or 500s.

Ford Community Posts