Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

Yep, you have it right, stalk 12/6, led's at 3/9... How's the output look?
It looks pretty good in the garage. I didn't think to close the door though lol.

I'll have to check to see if they need to be aligned. Do most people realign the new led bulbs?

I just took it out for a spin. The bulbs appear to be spot on where they need to be. There is some (slight) glare up top but the high beams are still noticeably higher. Man these are bright! I can finally see!

Last edited:
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #622
It looks pretty good in the garage. I didn't think to close the door though lol.

I'll have to check to see if they need to be aligned. Do most people realign the new led bulbs?

I just took it out for a spin. The bulbs appear to be spot on where they need to be. There is some (slight) glare up top but the high beams are still noticeably higher. Man these are bright! I can finally see!
Yeah, usually you don't have to re aim again at all, maybe a tiny bit down but there is a touch more glare but less than some of these new cars with LED's standard.. Anyway, glad those are working out, they make a huge difference!

Last edited:
Yeah, usually you don't have to re aim again at all, maybe a tiny bit down but there is a touch more glare but less than some of these new cars with LED's standard.. Anyway, glad those are working out, they make a huge difference!
Either its my eyes or something else. I drove on the unlit backroads tonight and all I could see was what was infront of me unless I had my hi-beams on. I saw blackness off to the sides. This was with my fogs on as well. Im going to reinstall my halogen bulbs and see if its any different when I drive at night again in 2 days.

Im super bummed that I cant get the damned euro projectors.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #625
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #627
Either its my eyes or something else. I drove on the unlit backroads tonight and all I could see was what was infront of me unless I had my hi-beams on. I saw blackness off to the sides. This was with my fogs on as well. Im going to reinstall my halogen bulbs and see if its any different when I drive at night again in 2 days.

Im super bummed that I cant get the damned euro projectors.
Well, they *are* low beams, they aren't meant to see further, really, just what's in front of you better, for the rural areas you will still need your high beams and I think going back to halogen you will see a similar lighted area, because the TechMax are LED's with good glare control, you'll see similar distance just less visibility in the same area.. So likely you definitely don't need to aim down, that's for sure!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #630
I took out the main headlight and went at it from the top. Getting to it was easy, getting the new bulb in... not so much.
Oh weird! They look like they would go right in.. But yeah, nice to see the white is actually white and not a stupid blue color, definitely less than 6000k, which is good to see with!

Well, they *are* low beams, they aren't meant to see further, really, just what's in front of you better, for the rural areas you will still need your high beams and I think going back to halogen you will see a similar lighted area, because the TechMax are LED's with good glare control, you'll see similar distance just less visibility in the same area.. So likely you definitely don't need to aim down, that's for sure!

I left the headlights aimed the same so I just swapped in my bulbs that I had prior to the leds. I even touched the bulb with my ungloved left hand.. :-/. I'm so dumb.

Anyways, I'm going to see how they work in comparison on this one road in particular.

I emailed Constantine asking what would happen if I get the TYC lights and they won't adjust. I'll probably order them.. I really miss the cutoffs on them and I'll just use the techmax in my fogs.

HHow do the katanas look in the euro projectors?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #633
I left the headlights aimed the same so I just swapped in my bulbs that I had prior to the leds. I even touched the bulb with my ungloved left hand.. :-/. I'm so dumb.

Anyways, I'm going to see how they work in comparison on this one road in particular.

I emailed Constantine asking what would happen if I get the TYC lights and they won't adjust. I'll probably order them.. I really miss the cutoffs on them and I'll just use the techmax in my fogs.

HHow do the katanas look in the euro projectors?
I posted it a couple of pages back but here it is again:
IMG_20190429_220748 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic, I'm too nervous to pull the trigger on the TYC lights from cars245. I emailed Constantine on cars245 if they warranty the headlamps if the adjusters don't work. His answer is that if have to have a mechanic look at them.

I'm going to give up on this endeavor. I don't even think I have enough faith to buy these from them either.

https://cars245.com/en/item/depo-43111B5PXLDEM2-headlight/

I might go with the TYC lights on ebay and just make sure I can have ebay refund me my money if the lights won't adjust.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #636
Thanks for the pic, I'm too nervous to pull the trigger on the TYC lights from cars245. I emailed Constantine on cars245 if they warranty the headlamps if the adjusters don't work. His answer is that if have to have a mechanic look at them.

I'm going to give up on this endeavor. I don't even think I have enough faith to buy these from them either.

https://cars245.com/en/item/depo-43111B5PXLDEM2-headlight/

I might go with the TYC lights on ebay and just make sure I can have ebay refund me my money if the lights won't adjust.
Ask him specifically about those black Depo's by mentioning that exact part number and how long it wold realistically to process and get them... If you want, ask about the Loro brand too and what he recommends... that's a good deal for those black ones, we know the Depo's are solid quality and may be worth waiting if you know you'll get them for sure in 4-6 weeks... I'm telling you I had simply one tab half broken off, sent him a pic and he refunded me $50, and this was after I didn't respond to the USPS request to have them inspected in time and he still took care of me... Just my story on their CS, FWIW...

Ask him specifically about those black Depo's by mentioning that exact part number and how long it wold realistically to process and get them... If you want, ask about the Loro brand too and what he recommends... that's a good deal for those black ones, we know the Depo's are solid quality and may be worth waiting if you know you'll get them for sure in 4-6 weeks... I'm telling you I had simply one tab half broken off, sent him a pic and he refunded me $50, and this was after I didn't respond to the USPS request to have them inspected in time and he still took care of me... Just my story on their CS, FWIW...
Ill post back with what he says.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So my Aukee High beams and the adaptor you recommend have come in. Any install guide available? I don't really know what to do with the adaptors.

Edit: Bought the wrong size... I got H11 for the high beams when I meant to buy the H1. Now I gotta return to Amazon... Ugh.

Last edited:
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #639
So my Aukee High beams and the adaptor you recommend have come in. Any install guide available? I don't really know what to do with the adaptors.

Edit: Bought the wrong size... I got H11 for the high beams when I meant to buy the H1. Now I gotta return to Amazon... Ugh.
Ouch, I've done that before too, sucks but I caught it right after I clicked order and it showed the wrong size in my receipt email so I was able to cancel in time.. If you don't have any upgrades to the factory fog lights, you always could use the H11 there too. :)

So when you get the H1's, what you do is pull the round ring ("mounting plate" as in step 2 of pic) off the bulb and then with the holder/adapter, you mount/clip just the ring inside the headlight. Then you add the main bulb in through the ring you had pulled off the bulb to start and have full 360 degree adjustability by twisting, it's a nice snug fit in the ring I had to web search and found a pic that explained it, I was stumped at first too.

OK, found a good pic... Ignore the mention of H7 in the pic, as it's really H1 holder/bulb shown, you can see on the stalk in pic 7.

Follow steps 1-5, then mount/clip that ring/holder combo into place in the housing with wide spot of the ring facing forward. THEN insert the bulb into the already mounted ring. So imagine step 6 and 7 happens after you have already clipped the ring/adapter into place after step 5. MUCH easier to clip the mounting ring into place in the housing spot first, then add the bulb after. The clip and ring doesn't stay together super well as shown in pic 5, so it's easier to hold it together and get clipped into place first, then pushing the main bulb into the mounted ring in the housing as last step.

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Ouch, I've done that before too, sucks but I caught it right after I clicked order and it showed the wrong size in my receipt email so I was able to cancel in time.. If you don't have any upgrades to the factory fog lights, you always could use the H11 there too. :)

So when you get the H1's, what you do is pull the round ring ("mounting plate as in step 2 of pic) off the bulb and then with the holder/adapter, you mount/clip just the ring inside the headlight. Then you add the main bulb in through the ring you had pulled off the bulb to start and have full 360 degree adjustability by twisting, it's a nice snug fit in the ring I had to web search and found a pic that explained it, I was stumped at first too.

OK, found a good pic... So, ignore that it says for H7 in the pic, as it's really H1 holder/bulb shown, you can see on the stalk in pic 7, lol... Follow steps 1-5 then mount/clip that into the housing, wide spot of ring facing forward. Then insert the bulb into the already mounted ring. So imagine step 6 and 7 happens after you have already clipped the ring/adapter into place after step 5. MUCH easier to clip the mounting ring into place in the housing spot first, then add the bulb after. The clip and ring doesn't stay together super well as shown in pic 5, so it's easier to hold it together and get clipped into place first, then trying to get pic 7 result mounted into the housing as last step.
Never would have figured this out on my own. Sending the wrong ones back tomorrow. Thank you very much