Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safely installing lug

Apologies for such a basic question.

My 2015 ST came with this lug nut adapter and a small tool that looks like a breaker bar that I can attach the adapter to.

I’d assume I can use that to remove the lugs - but what about installing them?

id like to torque them down to spec - but how can I do that with this adapater? Can I attach a 19mm socket to a torque wrench and then attach the adapter to it? Or will that skew the torque being applied?

IMG_1800.jpeg IMG_1801.jpeg

slopoke

Just keep that in your trunk and get a deep socket in the appropriate size. You can use it to torque the lug nut with no problems. The torque is only affected if the distance between the center of the torque wrench drive is either lengthened or shortened from the center of the socket drive center. Usually using a torque adapter.

ccj.snap-on-torque-adaptor.png

They say you're not supposed to, But I use a torque stick with those and an impact airgun.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
That is not a lug nut adapter. It's the socket that matches your splined lug nuts. It's just a socket that mates with a normal lug wrench. Use it with any matching wrench that matches the hex on the back. Once you get them spun on, use a torque wrench with whatever size socket fits the hex on the back to set the torque. It does not alter the torque at all.