Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's see your shift knobs!

ericm59

Can anyone recommend a shift knob for daily driving? I have a long commute, I don't mind the stock one but maybe there's a sharper, more comfortable one out there.

cxwrench

Can anyone recommend a shift knob for daily driving? I have a long commute, I don't mind the stock one but maybe there's a hundred or so sharper, more comfortable one out there.
There are a bunch and it's a pretty personal thing, like shoes or jeans or what kind of cookies you prefer. Height, weight, texture, material, color, shape...you can see what I'm getting at.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can anyone recommend a shift knob for daily driving? I have a long commute, I don't mind the stock one but maybe there's a sharper, more comfortable one out there.
My boomba is great...multiple color choices also.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Other than the GT350 knob, is there any aftermarket knobs that is closer in shape to the stock one? I don't really like the sphericals, but I'd like something that looks better, but with a similar grip to stock.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
hahaha, that's awesome.

Just got the Ford CF one in the mail. Any special install thoughts? Just glanced at the instructions and it says to remove the reverse lockout spring?
Hmm interesting....my boomb know was unscrew and screw back in..play with it...just make sure you CANNOT go in "R" for racing while in forwad motion...hehe

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

hahaha, that's awesome.

Just got the Ford CF one in the mail. Any special install thoughts? Just glanced at the instructions and it says to remove the reverse lockout spring?
I have the Ford Performance CF knob and I did not remove my spring. Just unscrewed the factory knob and replaced it with the CF one. I also did a redline boot and a shapeways shifter surround, I'll have to get a pic posted up soon...

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I don't know what the part number is but I have one sitting here next to me. You want it?

All white knob from Twisted Shifterz. I bought it under the 2015+ Mustang section like another member because it has the cutout for the reverse lockout. Tried to put it on but it went too far down so I put a 12x1.25 hex nut on first and then the shifter and it’s perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivy

Been meaning to post some pictures of my shifter set up for a while now, did this a few months back.

Before:
IMG_8544.JPG

After the knob and redline boot:
IMG_8547.JPG

Finally, after the shapeways shifter surround.
I actually still haven't permanently attached this. It just sort of sits there, held in place by the boot. I think I want to re-paint it before attaching because you can see the texture of the plastic very prevalently through the current silver paint.

IMG_8556.JPG

IMG_8554.JPG

IMG_8555.JPG

Looks great, [MENTION=8977]Rivy[/MENTION]!

Just a thought...maybe CF wrap the boot surround instead of paint it? Love that knob, by far my favorite of any I've seen out there!