Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's see your shift knobs!

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Here is my set up. It consists of an Amazon sickspeed vintage shift knob $40.44, an ebay bent shift extender $18.38 (1320performancefreak), and a reverse lockout adapter from Torquesolutions $15.99.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Here is my set up. It consists of an Amazon sickspeed vintage shift knob $40.44, an ebay bent shift extender $18.38 (1320performancefreak), and a reverse lockout adapter from Torquesolutions $15.99.

Holy mother of tall shifters Batman! [limphand] heh

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I extended the shifter to eliminate me hitting the center console arm rest with my elbow. I have an artificial titanium elbow joint that provides a "shock" when touched by the arm rest during shifting. I still need to keep the center console arm rest open when I drive, to prevent this from happening. I have the Mountune short shift adapter, so the shifts are not too long. Leaving the stock shift knob location resulted in me being too close to the pedals for accurate and painless shifts, because my elbow and arm do not extend fully level and flat, so I needed to come up with a rally inspired solution. I'm even working with Adam at MAPerformance to increase rev hang on my 91 and e30 tunes. Kind of the opposite of what most people are working towards. Its really only slightly longer than the DHM version.

2006ser

im getting a red one for a good price.. i really wanted blue but ehhh its a price i cant refuse lol

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
View attachment 6436

And my current favorite is Lathe Werk's Copolymer Shift Knob (shown above left and installed below)

http://lathewerks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=41_70&products_id=342

View attachment 6437

View attachment 6439

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS:

� Copolymer material will not get hot or cold
� 2.0" diameter for comfortable size
� 105 grams weight for a quick, precise feel
� Smooth black luster finish
� Internal threading provides a quick screw-on installation
� Strong strip-resistant brass threads
� Recess underneath allows for proper reverse shift function
Can you give me the run down of the choices you made for yours? I see there's a ton of options for this particular one.

And how do you like it? I see you've had the Cobb one also, which I didn't like because it was too light. I also had the Boomba round one but I didn't like the smoothness of it. Caught my hand slipping off sometimes. Is the one you have the same material or does it have more texture to it? I currently went back to the stock one for the more textured feel.