Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Member ID
LMS - loving the tune so far; it really does drive sweet when appropriate and just nasty when desired. But a couple Qs: is flat foot shifting something that can be done? Also, not worried about launch control, but is it possible to make 1st longer w/a tune, or is that strictly a mechanical issue? Finally, is there anyway to have some readouts on the MFT screen?

Member ID
Anyone interested in purchasing the LMS tuner for the group buy price? After coming back from vacation I've decided she's plenty fun stock for now

Member ID
Yup, went on vacation before the tuner got here and decided while in Hawaii to leave her be.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
Member ID
jonathanST's next post:

ISO: Handheld tuner; will pay shipping.

Member ID
Most likely [biggrin]

Haha but I've decided to wait a couple of months to see if we get more tuners into the scene, it seems interest on the FiST is really starting to pick up!

Member ID
Have been lurking here since I bought my TB Fiesta ST in December.....first time posting.

I purchased the Livernois tune last week after reading about it on the forum and have put about 1k miles on it since loading the tune. Came from a 2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B with a Cobb tune and had a BSR tuned Saab 9-3 and Volvo S60 T5 in the past (what can I say, I like 4 & 5 cyl turbos).

Have been throughly impressed with the tune since installation. The response is very linear and around town anyone would have a hard time distinguishing it from stock, but get on it and it absolutely pulls from 2500 to redline. It really changed the personality of the car.

I thought long and hard about which tune to go with considering the handful currently available on the market and am convinced I made the right choice for what I was looking for.

Yesterday I let one of my friends (his daily driver is a 07 Audi RS4 and also has an 05 Audi Allroad w/6 speed and tune around 400hp) drive the car. After the drive he said without question the Fiesta pulled harder than the Allroad until about 5k. Granted the Allroad weights close to twice as much but I wasn't expecting there to be much comparison.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thanks for the great review...what kind of mpg are you getting with the tune?
Have been lurking here since I bought my TB Fiesta ST in December.....first time posting.

I purchased the Livernois tune last week after reading about it on the forum and have put about 1k miles on it since loading the tune. Came from a 2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B with a Cobb tune and had a BSR tuned Saab 9-3 and Volvo S60 T5 in the past (what can I say, I like 4 & 5 cyl turbos).

Have been throughly impressed with the tune since installation. The response is very linear and around town anyone would have a hard time distinguishing it from stock, but get on it and it absolutely pulls from 2500 to redline. It really changed the personality of the car.

I thought long and hard about which tune to go with considering the handful currently available on the market and am convinced I made the right choice for what I was looking for.

Yesterday I let one of my friends (his daily driver is a 07 Audi RS4 and also has an 05 Audi Allroad w/6 speed and tune around 400hp) drive the car. After the drive he said without question the Fiesta pulled harder than the Allroad until about 5k. Granted the Allroad weights close to twice as much but I wasn't expecting there to be much comparison.

Member ID
Obviously depends on how much you get into the boost.

Just cruising around though it's been around 2 mpg on average better than stock.

me32

1000 Post Club
Member ID

Just cruising around though it's been around 2 mpg on average better than stock.
about what AVG is that? or is it all city driving for you. thanks

Member ID
On last two tanks I'm at 33.1mpg, mostly around town (60%). Most surface roads I'm on are 30-45mph speed limit.

Member ID
All about the low end torque.....I've never had a car that has no problems going 20 in 3rd, 30mph in 4th and in 6th a touch over 40.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Member ID
No idea for this tuner but I was pleasantly surprised to find that Cobb has nice software for OSX. Works perfectly.

Member ID
I'm a Mac person and the install was pretty easy. First you get the strategy codes from the unit via OBD port in the car, email Livernois with the info they need and they email you the files to download.

You make a folder, download the files into the same folder and you're a couple clicks away.

The instructions they sent covered everything and I got my maps within a couple hours after emailing them, guessing it might take longer depending on their work load.

I nicely asked a coworker to borrow his laptop and was done in about 10mins and off to install in the car.

GrabMyHand

Member ID
I'm deciding between this tune and the Cobb tune. I really like the LMS numbers but the torque curve oscillations concern me. Are those a product of the dyno or the tune?

Member ID
A few more questions, does this delete the tq limit in gears 1-2?

Does it (or can it) modify the traction/stabilty control? Would be nice to default to sport mode or off on startup.

Is this a plug in, load tune and remove device? Or can you change tune on the fly?

Nice numbers, can't wait to read more reviews. Thanks.
The traction control and stability control system unfortunately are in a different module, so they cannot be adjusted. It is a very easy to use, plug and play device. The tune cannot be changed without reprogramming the car however.

Doesn't delete the tq limits, but modifies them to complement the tune.

I suppose it's possibly to disable traction control. However, Livernois's tune doesn't do that currently. I doubt most tuners would do it...for liability reasons.

Yes it's a plug-in > flash/load > unplug > squeal tires.
Correct, even if we could (which it doesn't look like we can) it takes a second or two to change the mode, it might seem like an inconvenience, but when it save's your butt in the future you will be glad it wasn't defaulted to the off position.

LMS - loving the tune so far; it really does drive sweet when appropriate and just nasty when desired. But a couple Qs: is flat foot shifting something that can be done? Also, not worried about launch control, but is it possible to make 1st longer w/a tune, or is that strictly a mechanical issue? Finally, is there anyway to have some readouts on the MFT screen?
The tune cannot adjust anything with the gearing, but we do extend the RPM range of the engine. Any more though and we feel you start having tradeoffs in reliability. As for readouts, the MFT system is, just like TC, stored in a different system, which means no changing it.

We appreciate the feedback! We definitely try to make this exactly as you describe,civil, until you give it enough throttle to wake the beast ;)

That's about what we expect to see from this as well

I've had this tune sitting next to my desk for like two weeks, and I really want to install it. Alas, I am lazy and at 650
miles.
My question for you all is: what do you really need to do when connecting to a PC? Silly question, I know. I have a macbook and an old instable laptop running MS Vista at home.
At work I have a great PC with Windows 7, but I don't have administrator privileges, so I can't install anything.

So, does connecting the tuner require installing any kind of software, or is it just seen like a USB drive? And is there any reason I couldn't connect it to more than one computer? Yes, I am scared to the point of paralysis, lol.
The updater software does not need much as it's a very light install. I have heard of people using Windows Me with it!

I'm a Mac person and the install was pretty easy. First you get the strategy codes from the unit via OBD port in the car, email Livernois with the info they need and they email you the files to download.

You make a folder, download the files into the same folder and you're a couple clicks away.

The instructions they sent covered everything and I got my maps within a couple hours after emailing them, guessing it might take longer depending on their work load.

I nicely asked a coworker to borrow his laptop and was done in about 10mins and off to install in the car.
Glad you were able to get everything sorted out!

Keep the questions rolling, I am happy to answer them for you!

Member ID
I'm deciding between this tune and the Cobb tune. I really like the LMS numbers but the torque curve oscillations concern me. Are those a product of the dyno or the tune?
This is present in all EcoBoost cars, if you look at the graphs stock and modified they always have that slightly. It's nothing you feel in the car, just something the dyno is sensitive enough to pick up on.