Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

iso100

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I'm deciding between this tune and the Cobb tune. I really like the LMS numbers but the torque curve oscillations concern me. Are those a product of the dyno or the tune?
Was a dyno posted somewhere in this thread that I missed?

Member ID
hey lms just curious is it possible to speed up throttle body response because when blipping the throttle for say heel toe shifting or starting from a stoplight. the long delay or slow open throttle from the factory drives me nuts. if there's a way you can make it behave like a cable operated throttle i'd be sold on your tuner. it's probably partly because ive driven my track day car with solid and sprung hub 6-puck clutches on the street and am now accustomed to it?

Member ID
Hey all,

Real basic questions here regarding installing the tune.

1. When you connect your MyCalibrator to your computer, what is supposed to happen? I've connected to my home laptop (WinVista) and Work desktop (Windows7), and besides the little green screen on the tuner lighting up, nothing happens. Computer isn't launching anything, isn't listing it as attached in the My Computer screen, nothing. Am I supposed to be hitting some buttons or something? I don't think so, just thought I'd check. I did already connect the tuner to my car and was able to get the needed info from my car's computer, so I know the unit works in that way.

2. Did you get your tunes via email? I received an email back from Anthony at Livernois saying "your tunes are ready to update" and giving details on what I will receive, but there were no files attached to the email. Should they be in the email, or is my tuner supposed to find them once it's successfully connected.

Feel like an idiot over here, lol.

Any help appreciated.

Spencer...I mean BLEACHTRAP
After I emailed the strategy codes I received an email with 2 attachments. If you haven't received those, I would email Anthony again for them. You can't install the tune or necessary software to the tuner without downloading the files he sends.

Once you get them and download to your PC it's pretty easy to get everything loaded on the tuner.

Member ID
hey lms just curious is it possible to speed up throttle body response because when blipping the throttle for say heel toe shifting or starting from a stoplight. the long delay or slow open throttle from the factory drives me nuts. if there's a way you can make it behave like a cable operated throttle i'd be sold on your tuner. it's probably partly because ive driven my track day car with solid and sprung hub 6-puck clutches on the street and am now accustomed to it?
We definitely make improvements in this area, but we take care into making it natural, as making it too responsive can make it drive horribly, taking all of the enjoyment out of it.

Hey all,

Real basic questions here regarding installing the tune.

1. When you connect your MyCalibrator to your computer, what is supposed to happen? I've connected to my home laptop (WinVista) and Work desktop (Windows7), and besides the little green screen on the tuner lighting up, nothing happens. Computer isn't launching anything, isn't listing it as attached in the My Computer screen, nothing. Am I supposed to be hitting some buttons or something? I don't think so, just thought I'd check. I did already connect the tuner to my car and was able to get the needed info from my car's computer, so I know the unit works in that way.

2. Did you get your tunes via email? I received an email back from Anthony at Livernois saying "your tunes are ready to update" and giving details on what I will receive, but there were no files attached to the email. Should they be in the email, or is my tuner supposed to find them once it's successfully connected.

Feel like an idiot over here, lol.

Any help appreciated.

Spencer...I mean BLEACHTRAP
After I emailed the strategy codes I received an email with 2 attachments. If you haven't received those, I would email Anthony again for them. You can't install the tune or necessary software to the tuner without downloading the files he sends.

Once you get them and download to your PC it's pretty easy to get everything loaded on the tuner.
This is correct, once you get us this info, we send an email with 2 files. These are not the tunes themselves, but rather download links for the software needed to manage the programmer. You simply install, and then run this program with the tuner connected Via USB and it will push the files to the tuner. After this is complete it can then be used to install the tunes into the car.

Member ID
Thank you for the clarifications, Scratch and Livernois.
I did send the strategy codes, received a response from Anthony a few days later, but without the files attached.
I emailed him back a few days ago asking for the attachments, but with the holiday weekend, I'm guessing they are backlogged a bit.
I will wait for his response, just wanted to be certain I wasn't doing something incorrect on my end.

Excited for the tune!

Member ID
Thank you for the clarifications, Scratch and Livernois.
I did send the strategy codes, received a response from Anthony a few days later, but without the files attached.
I emailed him back a few days ago asking for the attachments, but with the holiday weekend, I'm guessing they are backlogged a bit.
I will wait for his response, just wanted to be certain I wasn't doing something incorrect on my end.

Excited for the tune!
I Checked with the group that monitors that email address and you should have the files now.

Member ID
I Checked with the group that monitors that email address and you should have the files now.
Thank you, received them yesterday afternoon!
When I got home, I followed all the directions, installed the program, connected tuner when prompted, then ran the program. For some reason, it doesn't recognize my tuner, I get stuck at the "Checking for Connected Device" stage and can't get past it. It just never finds it and eventually times out. I used a different accessory to test the USB port, so I know that works and is not the issue, and the tuner screen is lighting up, indicating it's receiving power. I will state that the laptop on which I'm trying to do this is an unreliable piece of crap, so I'm going to test it out on my girlfriend's laptop Wednesday night before I start to worry. I think hers is a piece of crap too, though, haha.

Member ID
Nicely done vid! Too bad there were no et's. I like the huge mix of brands there too.

OP
cmystgo
Member ID
Thread Starter #253
Anyone that purchased a tuner take their car to the track yet? I'm curious as to what others are running with this tune.

-CMY

Member ID
Borrowed a friend's laptop last Friday, a newish, working computer, and installed my tune with no problem.

Have only driven a bit over the weekend, but it definitely pulls harder. Need some time to develop a more informed opinion, but, well, Wow.
awesome, that's what we like to hear! Get some seat time in it and let us know if you have any questions!

MOFiST

Member ID
I made an enquiry to Livernois email and Dave said it may be possible for you guys to tune Euro ECU versions of the FiST. Can you tell us how you would achieve this? I like the numbers you guys are getting with the US version tune. Also have you guys worked with modified FiST's yet or just stock?

Member ID
I made an enquiry to Livernois email and Dave said it may be possible for you guys to tune Euro ECU versions of the FiST. Can you tell us how you would achieve this? I like the numbers you guys are getting with the US version tune. Also have you guys worked with modified FiST's yet or just stock?
Sorry for the late reply, I have been away from the computer all weekend.

As for the Euro version, I do not see why we couldn't. On the other EcoBoost platforms we support, we have been able to support the European, OZ, and Asian variants without a problem!

As for modified cars, we are working on getting some more in here to validate some tunes on, but we definitely can tune for a good deal of available modifications for these.

Member ID
Well, I've put a few hundred miles on my car since tune, and I stand by my first impression: Wow.
I haven't had any other tunes, so I can only compare to stock.

My impressions, nothing scientific here.
1. Throttle response seems much more sensitive. First time I drove it, I kinda sucked. But relearned how the car responds, and love it.
2. I only have access to 91 Octane, so my hp/tq totals are a bit lower than someone using 93. But, they are enough for me.
3. Honestly, my car is still so new, that I didn't go WOT with it much before the tune. But I did on my test drive with a different ST, haha. Old WOT was quick, zippy, fun, but manageable. Now, torque steer is present, and you have to manage your speed. It's still not going to break any landspeed records, but the car will PULL when you want it to. As others mentioned, this is still mainly around 3k+, same as with the stock tune.
4. I don't have an upgraded rear motor mount and haven't felt the need for one yet. Maybe I need to slam gears harder?

Overall, really happy with this tune and purchase. I had some install problems, but those were due to my computer. Anthony and Livernois called me and helped me out in any way needed. Positive experience, great tune. I hoped to go buy there shop while I was in Michigan, but ran out of time.

And hey Livernois, I KNOW you sell parts for this car besides the tuner, how can I see them? Not on your site, not on here. Trying to spendm, and I like your work!
Truthfully, when a new platform comes out we try not to bog down the site with a bunch of different offerings for parts until we have the chance to off what we feel is best for the car. What were you looking to do? We can get just about anything :)

Member ID
Question for Livernois - How does the tuning work with regards to flashing? Is it possible to remove the tune and go back to stock? I'm seriously considering leasing a Fiesta ST and would need to return it to stock in 2 years when I turn it back in.

Sorry if this question has been answered before, 27 pages is kind of a lot to read right off the bat...

Member ID
Yes, you would be able to flash back to a stock tune. [wrenchin]

Member ID
Question for Livernois - How does the tuning work with regards to flashing? Is it possible to remove the tune and go back to stock? I'm seriously considering leasing a Fiesta ST and would need to return it to stock in 2 years when I turn it back in.

Sorry if this question has been answered before, 27 pages is kind of a lot to read right off the bat...
Indeed it does allow reverting back to stock as we load the stock tune onto the device as well.

Yes, you would be able to flash back to a stock tune. [wrenchin]
Thanks for helping out! :)

Appreciate the reply, I could've phrased my question more clearly.

Are there any parts that Livernois has developed for the car, like an intake?
I'm not looking for anything crazy, just the standard items, and I like your work, so just wondering if you've developed any parts for these cars.

Thanks!
To date, no we have not. It's a possibility, but nothing has been set in stone yet as we are still trying to feel out the market for it. The tuners are selling very well, but most people ahve responded with they don't need any more power after the tune, so they will be stopping at that phase.