Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

Does your tune have to be done at your shop to realize the proper potential gains or can it be mail ordered for a stock car? I believe I read that it needs to be done at your facility, but seeing the tuner makes me think I read wrong. What about military veterans? Thanks again!

me32

1000 Post Club
In short, yes, but we do have a list of approved modifications that we support. Basically, we have to have faith in the product in order to support tuning for it.

We do have some discounts out there, namely military is the one that we always offer, but traditionally, we have never done a group buy. We do offer some bundled discounts, but we have not determined what parts we will be bundling yet.
Ill be interested to see what you come out with in your bundle kits. Maybe cai and intercooler upgrades with tunes.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
We are definitely looking forward to you getting some track time in with the car. These gains are phenomenal with just a tune.

Correct, we use the MyCal device, the pic above is an older model, but it is the MyCal we use for these

There are numerous items we have learned over almost 6 years of tuning and setting records with EcoBoost powered vehicles that allow us to make substantial increases in power, without negatively impacting reliability.

As posted above, the tune and tuner together run $599

You are correct, the dyno is only a portion of the puzzle, and must be coupled with proper street calibration as well. Which of course, was done.

As for what all is adjusted, as mentioned above, we have custom tuned more EcoBoost vehicles than anyone, and have been doing it longer than anyone in the industry, so we do have some unique insight into these engines and their tuning that has amassed over time.

Thank you, I am partial, but I agree :)

With any turbo, there will be a threshold that is unsafe, but going slightly above the OEM boost level at high RPM is not going to have a large impact. While it's definitely running harder down low, up top it's not running much harder than stock, so ultimately it's still in the safe zone. Of course, an upgraded turbo offering would be great for this too.

Agreed,

There is always a margin of safety, 1-2# is not going to invite early failures.

We definitely have spent the better part of nearly 6 years diving into the EcoBoost family of engines head first. Obviously, I do not know what you have personally seen, but as with all EcoBoost engines, there is a massive amount of room for improvement in the Low and middle range, while not as much left up top, until serious mods start happening. This car is no exception. We have seen the confusion associated with our results before on other platforms as people enter the EcoBoost arena for tuning, these engines are unique, as is their tuning logic. When we first had people join us on the SHO, F150, Explorer, Flex, Escape, and Fusion, many times people were in disbelief, that is of course, until they tried it out first hand. We always try our best to put factual and accurate information out for our customer's to view, while never making any negative comments towards other's results, and of course, appreciate the same.

If we had not done the proper calibration associated around increasing the boost, I would agree, the computer would limit the boost back. But with how many EcoBoost platforms we support, we know how to control boost :) As for spark vs. boost. They are complimentary to each other. They both need adjustments to ensure the best results.

That's a fair statement, when first developing our EcoBoost SHO tunes, it was a huge undertaking figuring it all out. It's one thing seeing the tables, it's a completely different thing understanding how they work.

Just another platform we saw great potential in. After driving numerous Escapes with our tune, it's amazing how much better they feel, and how abysmal they are stock.

We definitely wanted to get on this platform as soon as time allowed, and now it has :)

Touching on items in general, There is a lot of safety factor built into these cars that allows us to add some serious power without playing on the side of dangerous. Being Ford states you can use 87 octane (although not preferred, nor recommended) just validates it even further that these have room left in them.
Noone has been able to do anything with the Escapes before you guys and that motor has as much potential as the Focus ST does, especially with the AWD setup.

Have you guys seen any mileage changes/gains on the EcoBoost escapes? I reckon with a tune and bigger FMIC that'd be plenty for the Escape.
Certainly would make it more fun than my mother's '12 Escape V6 FWD

Does your tune have to be done at your shop to realize the proper potential gains or can it be mail ordered for a stock car? I believe I read that it needs to be done at your facility, but seeing the tuner makes me think I read wrong. What about military veterans? Thanks again!
Not at all, the tune does not need to take place at our facility, and Our military discount is good for active duty, and retired Military as well. Our appreciation for your service and sacrifice is not conditional on when you served :)

Ill be interested to see what you come out with in your bundle kits. Maybe cai and intercooler upgrades with tunes.
We will be testing various ones to ensure we have, what we feel, is the best package we can offer in terms of quality, fit, finish, and of course, performance.

Noone has been able to do anything with the Escapes before you guys and that motor has as much potential as the Focus ST does, especially with the AWD setup.

Have you guys seen any mileage changes/gains on the EcoBoost escapes? I reckon with a tune and bigger FMIC that'd be plenty for the Escape.
Certainly would make it more fun than my mother's '12 Escape V6 FWD
The 2.0 Escapes are awesome, and the 1.6 is still in BETA, but close for release, we just need one or two more to validate everything. We already do the 1.5 Fusion, and will be doing the 1.6 next as well.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
But... I just got my Cobb AP. :( Overall though, I appreciate Cobb's driveability; I'd rather have that over power... And all the cool stuff that comes with AP V3.

OP
cmystgo
Thread Starter #51
Just to give everyone an update...I've been driving the car for a few days now with the tune and all I can say is that I'm impressed with the drivability. The car runs and drives like stock in traffic. You wouldn't know anything was changed until you step on the gas. You can feel the added TQ right away in any gear. I let my friends take it for a drive over the weekend and they beat the snot out of it. When they returned they said that they were able to get the car to chirp the tires into 4th :O Not once...but every time they banged it...which was 3. I will have some track data after Jun 13th. I'll report back stock and tune ETs as well as MPH.

-CMY

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hmm... Well, theoretically I can still monitor everything with my AP V3. I'll have to see the reviews once it hit the streets.

me32

1000 Post Club
Just to give everyone an update...I've been driving the car for a few days now with the tune and all I can say is that I'm impressed with the drivability. The car runs and drives like stock in traffic. You wouldn't know anything was changed until you step on the gas. You can feel the added TQ right away in any gear. I let my friends take it for a drive over the weekend and they beat the snot out of it. When they returned they said that they were able to get the car to chirp the tires into 4th :O Not once...but every time they banged it...which was 3. I will have some track data after Jun 13th. I'll report back stock and tune ETs as well as MPH.

-CMY
That's awesome to hear! This is definitely a potent package for these cars.

me32

1000 Post Club

-CMY
Great to hear. Sounds like the car got a whole lot funner. Also off hand how is the wheel hop now?

I know we had a huge amount of inquiry on a group buy. Now, we have never done this before, but we definitely listen to our customers and their wants. If we can get 15 people on the initial shipment we could do this for $489 + Shipping. As you can see, it's normally $599, so this is $110 off the normal price. Let me know if you are interested and we will put you on the list. I already have 4 ready to get in on it.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/MYCALIBRATOR-2013%2b-FIESTA-ST-1.6L-ECOBOOST.html

the duke

Jesus christ, that is nuts. The amount of power that's available from this engine with just an ECU calibration is just crazy. What a piece of engineering.

Shit, I remember when the Terminator Cobra guys were getting this much additional power from thier SCT Handhelds back in the day.