Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

Member ID
I do not believe so. But I honestly cannot recall where the ECM is located on the car. If accessible there is a 4 digit alphanumeric code on it. That code can get us the info we need.
I PM'd you a bunch of numbers off my ECM and my info (including my name and order number).

Member ID
I totally get you wanting to protect that investment.
If most people looked at someone elses tuner software, they too would say, "that's too complicated" and even if it wasn't most the guys of forums don't have the mechanical OR tech skills to properly tune a normal turbo engine, let alone this rubics cube.

That being said... For guys like me... Tuneable launch control is nice, and a big deal. And being able to dial up or down timing on a Saturday night is a big deal.

If i take the car out on Saturday and hit it with a 50shot that ran fine last weekend because it was cold outside, but now its knocking a bit at 5200rpms, I can't just open a laptop and fix it before I get to where I'm going.

I will also say... I'm prob 5% of this fiesta ST's owner base that will ever even see a drag strip or.... Empty mine road at 1:30am on a Saturday night :)
Include me in that 5%, Lol. I also know I have no clue where the tracks at so maybe you could let me know when you're going again, once I'm settled.

Member ID
The one thing I'll say is if tuned properly you don't have to always be adjusting things. Its usually when the tune has some areas that aren't optimized that you would need to be changing parameters.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Member ID
I can't vouch for weather anywhere else, but... On a 90 degree 100% humid day in FL verse a 75degree 30% humid day, its like 2 different planets. The weight of the air is crazy here somedays. On a cooler, less humid day, can get away with a lot more, A LOT MORE. But.. Again, I'm talking about a hard tuned car, in a specific area, and in an environment where .20 of a second means the difference between winning or getting smashed.

For the other 95% of fiesta owners, they'll never now the difference between a 14.50 and a 15.0 at the track. And most the country prob doesn't have the heavy air we have (some have it better, some have to deal with altitude).

Samething with launch control and track conditions. The event I'm going to Saturday is going to have me racing 98' isuzu rodeos and v6 S-10's. I'd never even bring my 11sec srt4 to an event like it, the track prep just isn't the same... So... Say you guess give me a LC setting of 1900rpms for this crappy track prep, then the next week I goto a drag radial event with amazing prep (its one of the best tracks in the country when prepped). I'm stuck with 1900rpms LC. Then the week after I go back on slicks ( 4500rpms type launching), I'm still stuck with 1900rpm LC,
Or... I'm emailing WEEKLY to get you guys to change my LC setting.

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the first people to vouch for you guys name on here. I'm simply pointing out the issue 5% of of may have with they system of "tune by email". But trust me, the other 95% of owners should be ALL ABOUT THIS. Co.... Other places have had since Oct. To make a base map for a car with basic bolt-ons, and they have failed. I don't believe its because there lack of knowledge. I believe its either lack of man power or lack of interest ( the focus dyno's offer way better bragging rights, and lets not forget the $42k STi guys with deep pockets ).

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Member ID
Mofiestst
I'll goto orlando speedworld with you. Its not as good as bradenton motorsports park ( aka desoto ), but its way closer to you :)

Member ID
if the weather holds out Saturday ( RAIN) our little 14-15 sec FiST will be very competitive most cars out there sad to say are 15-17sec rides at best, but makes for good entertainment

Member ID
I can't vouch for weather anywhere else, but... On a 90 degree 100% humid day in FL verse a 75degree 30% humid day, its like 2 different planets. The weight of the air is crazy here somedays. On a cooler, less humid day, can get away with a lot more, A LOT MORE. But.. Again, I'm talking about a hard tuned car, in a specific area, and in an environment where .20 of a second means the difference between winning or getting smashed.

For the other 95% of fiesta owners, they'll never now the difference between a 14.50 and a 15.0 at the track. And most the country prob doesn't have the heavy air we have (some have it better, some have to deal with altitude).

Samething with launch control and track conditions. The event I'm going to Saturday is going to have me racing 98' isuzu rodeos and v6 S-10's. I'd never even bring my 11sec srt4 to an event like it, the track prep just isn't the same... So... Say you guess give me a LC setting of 1900rpms for this crappy track prep, then the next week I goto a drag radial event with amazing prep (its one of the best tracks in the country when prepped). I'm stuck with 1900rpms LC. Then the week after I go back on slicks ( 4500rpms type launching), I'm still stuck with 1900rpm LC,
Or... I'm emailing WEEKLY to get you guys to change my LC setting.

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the first people to vouch for you guys name on here. I'm simply pointing out the issue 5% of of may have with they system of "tune by email". But trust me, the other 95% of owners should be ALL ABOUT THIS. Co.... Other places have had since Oct. To make a base map for a car with basic bolt-ons, and they have failed. I don't believe its because there lack of knowledge. I believe its either lack of man power or lack of interest ( the focus dyno's offer way better bragging rights, and lets not forget the $42k STi guys with deep pockets ).
Honestly, Launch control is overrated. Even with a stock tune it isn't as good as what a human can do with practice. Simply put, don't waste your time with it. i have never seen it do a better job than a person with practice. And the way we setup the tunes the conditions won't matter. We tune it for all conditions so whether it's 100 and 80% humidity at sea level, or 30 and 4800 ft, the tune is optimized. This is what I mean about having the tune actually figured out. You only have to tweak for conditions like that if you didn't setup the tune right in the first place. EcoBoost vehicles don't tune like other cars, and that is where we excel at, we understand how to tune them so they are always optimized. Older cars, or even different cars can vary drastically, even when tuned properly, but when an EcoBoost is tuned correctly, there is no need, nor benefit to changing everything.

Just learn the car, it's power, and drive accordingly. You can do a better job than any computer ever could...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Member ID
I've never had LC on a car, so... You maybe right :)
I was using it as an exsample.
And from what I've read, your dead right, tuning this car is far different than others. Its like its a diesel motor with a throttle plate (like newer Cummings motors).

OP
cmystgo
Member ID
Thread Starter #170
Just got back from the track today. The results were much better than expected. In short my car picked up .8 seconds and nearly 5mph from just a tune. I made a total of 18 passes in the car with about 1/2 stock and 1/2 with the Livernois Tune. I have attached my best 2 stock ET slips and my best 2 Tune ET slips. The one thing that is hugely noticeable going back to stock was the throttle response and TQ management. Every power shift the car fell flat on its face stock and just felt plain lazy. The tune made a HUGE difference as you can see from the time slips below.

I'm not sure what others are getting out of their cars stock but the best I could muster was a 15.15 @ 94mph. My best time with a tune was 14.35 @ 98mph.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Member ID
Did the car get better the longer you ran it with the tune ? Like was there a learning curve ??
Great runs btw and thanks for the feedback ..

OP
cmystgo
Member ID
Thread Starter #172
Did the car get better the longer you ran it with the tune ? Like was there a learning curve ??
Great runs btw and thanks for the feedback ..
Here is the odd thing. Every time I ran the car I would do it in 3 hot laps and let it cool. I did this 6 times for a total of 18 passes. With every hot lap regardless if it was stock or with the tune the ETs and MPH would get better. I was trying to be consistent to give an accurate result.

I rolled right off the highway after a 2 hour trip to the track with no cool down and the tune loaded and went...
14.83 @ 94.80 - 5:37pm
14.73 @ 97.27 - 5:40pm
14.55 @ 98.09 - 5:43pm

-CMY

me32

1000 Post Club
Member ID
That's a huge gain with tune only. I beleive that is a record on tune only FIST

Member ID
Just got back from the track today. The results were much better than expected. In short my car picked up .8 seconds and nearly 5mph from just a tune. I made a total of 18 passes in the car with about 1/2 stock and 1/2 with the Livernois Tune. I have attached my best 2 stock ET slips and my best 2 Tune ET slips. The one thing that is hugely noticeable going back to stock was the throttle response and TQ management. Every power shift the car fell flat on its face stock and just felt plain lazy. The tune made a HUGE difference as you can see from the time slips below.

I'm not sure what others are getting out of their cars stock but the best I could muster was a 15.15 @ 94mph. My best time with a tune was 14.35 @ 98mph.

Great job at the track those are very strong #s do you know what the DA was that day?

CanadianST

Member ID
Wow very impressive! Interested in what future tunes are to come once some mods get thrown on. My interest has just been increased substantially

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Member ID
No doubt, this the best tune you can get FOR A STOCK CAR, RIGHT NOW. Good job of documenting everything and keeping us informed.

Member ID
With a 2.0 or better 60ft that car would've easily been in the 13.8/9 range, I'm curious what the da was?
Corrected this might have actually been a 13sec run.
I for one fully expect with a livernois tune a few more mods, I'll be well in the 13s with my fist once it cools off a little in the fall.

OP
cmystgo
Member ID
Thread Starter #180
No clue what the DA was...but it was a cool day here in the D. Temp was in the low 70s. A set of Nitto 555R Drag Radials would have put this car in the 13s for sure. I didn't mess with anything on the care except for the tune. Tires were at stock pressure and trunk was loaded up with laptop, camera gear, cloths, and a few drinks. No weight reduction like spare tire removal.

The Caddy was a twin turbo V6. Similar to the 3.5L EcoBoost. The tunes for the v6 cars pick up like 100hp/100tq or so. I also have a Flex with an EcoBoost...but didn't take that to the track either. Tried to get the wife to bring either the Blown Mustang or the EcoBoosted Flex and she had no interest :(