Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

bummer, I was just having to wait until sunday to see if my funds were there. oh well maybe next time

I nothing else, you'll be able to make a more informed decision (after hearing our reviews) as opposed to crossing your fingers like those of us who got in on the GB.

C. love

True but IIRC livernois has had good luck with mustangs so im sure you will be ok. I have a small amount of stuff I want to do to my car so kinda waiting around for deals more than anything.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Livernois, can you post some screen shots of your tuner software? Can you sell/give users software for them/us to tune the car ourselves based off your base tune?

True but IIRC livernois has had good luck with mustangs so im sure you will be ok. I have a small amount of stuff I want to do to my car so kinda waiting around for deals more than anything.
Livernois certainly has street cred with other cars, but it's the real-world experience of our FiSTs that I'm most interested in. If I drove a Vette or a Mustang- enough public information is available for me to have a pretty good idea of what to expect with a Livernois tune.

C. love

Livernois certainly has street cred with other cars, but it's the real-world experience of our FiSTs that I'm most interested in. If I drove a Vette or a Mustang- enough public information is available for me to have a pretty good idea of what to expect with a Livernois tune.

True that other cars have more info out there. My thinking is what Livernois has done for other cars speaks worlds on what they can do for our cars. Its not like they are some random new start up fiddling with our cars. Sure they are expanding their market by tuning the fiesta but places like Cobb have done the same thing. I personally think this is gonna be great for all that were able to get in on the GB, its just too bad (for me) that I wasnt able to get in on it. As mentioned though, I may (or may-not as i'm impatient and will get a tune sooner than later) benefit from others doing it 1st by getting to take advantage of future upgrades or tune modifcation.

Livernois, can you post some screen shots of your tuner software? Can you sell/give users software for them/us to tune the car ourselves based off your base tune?
Unfortunately not, It's proprietary to us, and truthfully is very, very involved. It's not something that someone who is used to commercially designed software would be able to use. As such, the tunes and parameters that we are modifying are kept under wraps. It took us a long, long time to figure out the EcoBoost engine family as well as we do, and have a huge amount of investment in reaching the state we are at with it so we cannot release any of that unfortunately. But, this is why when we sell a tuner, we sign up to support that application for free.

more importantly it's the EcoBoost experience that matters. But yes, we set out to excel at all areas we offer products and services for. But The EcoBoost is one area that we definitely put a large amount of attention and resources into.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
True that other cars have more info out there. My thinking is what Livernois has done for other cars speaks worlds on what they can do for our cars. Its not like they are some random new start up fiddling with our cars. Sure they are expanding their market by tuning the fiesta but places like Cobb have done the same thing. I personally think this is gonna be great for all that were able to get in on the GB, its just too bad (for me) that I wasnt able to get in on it. As mentioned though, I may (or may-not as i'm impatient and will get a tune sooner than later) benefit from others doing it 1st by getting to take advantage of future upgrades or tune modifcation.
But Livernois doesn't have an internationally known reputation to protect. I've been there... The whole, "little known X has great experience with X brand so they should do great on this new platform from X brand..." Been there, done that; doesn't mean the initial results on this car will be great. What it does mean is that after much data gathering, it will become awesome in the next few years to come. I'm just speaking from my experience. But, with cars all over in different environments, results won't be the same. However, guinea pigs are needed.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I totally get you wanting to protect that investment.
If most people looked at someone elses tuner software, they too would say, "that's too complicated" and even if it wasn't most the guys of forums don't have the mechanical OR tech skills to properly tune a normal turbo engine, let alone this rubics cube.

That being said... For guys like me... Tuneable launch control is nice, and a big deal. And being able to dial up or down timing on a Saturday night is a big deal.

If i take the car out on Saturday and hit it with a 50shot that ran fine last weekend because it was cold outside, but now its knocking a bit at 5200rpms, I can't just open a laptop and fix it before I get to where I'm going.

I will also say... I'm prob 5% of this fiesta ST's owner base that will ever even see a drag strip or.... Empty mine road at 1:30am on a Saturday night :)

But Livernois doesn't have an internationally known reputation to protect. I've been there... The whole, "little known X has great experience with X brand so they should do great on this new platform from X brand..." Been there, done that; doesn't mean the initial results on this car will be great. What it does mean is that after much data gathering, it will become awesome in the next few years to come. I'm just speaking from my experience. But, with cars all over in different environments, results won't be the same. However, guinea pigs are needed.
Actually, we do. Our tuning is used around the World, and heavily so on the EcoBoost side of the equation. We also have performed vehicle upgrades on cars sent to us from 46 states, 10 countries, and 4 different continents. So, we definitely have an international rep that we work very hard to improve on every day :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Actually, we do. Our tuning is used around the World, and heavily so on the EcoBoost side of the equation. We also have performed vehicle upgrades on cars sent to us from 46 states, 10 countries, and 4 different continents. So, we definitely have an international rep that we work very hard to improve on every day :)
Then, please excuse my ignorance. :D I'll be waiting on the results of everyone's experience.

Shipping info received!
I should have my tune by tomorrow....looks like I'd better fill up the gas tank for this weekend.
Just as a heads up. The tuner comes blank so that you can ID your strategy code with it and then you contact us for the calibration once you have that information. We do have our customer appreciation day at Milan dragway tomorrow so we are closing early so the sooner you can email it the better chance you can get it.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Oh here is a silly Question any of these going to have a Ghost cam sound ?? lol Just kidding

Just as a heads up. The tuner comes blank so that you can ID your strategy code with it and then you contact us for the calibration once you have that information. We do have our customer appreciation day at Milan dragway tomorrow so we are closing early so the sooner you can email it the better chance you can get it.
Unfortunately, FedEx doesn't deliver until late afternoon/early evening. Is there any way I can facilitate the process prior to receiving the tuner?

Unfortunately, FedEx doesn't deliver until late afternoon/early evening. Is there any way I can facilitate the process prior to receiving the tuner?
I do not believe so. But I honestly cannot recall where the ECM is located on the car. If accessible there is a 4 digit alphanumeric code on it. That code can get us the info we need.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
ECU is on the side of the Battery Box under a black bit of plastic as you are looking at it it would be the left side of the Box...