Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loud Turbo flutter after going stage 2

Hey guys,

I just installed a Whoosh V1 intercooler, Turbosmart plumb black V2, colder plugs, and a Stratified tune. I noticed right on light throttle I have a really loud turbo flutter, even under no boost, could it be the tune or maybe the BOV, I didn't have this at all when I was stock. I'm just concerned that I might damage something.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hey guys,

I just installed a Whoosh V1 intercooler, Turbosmart plumb black V2, colder plugs, and a Stratified tune. I noticed right on light throttle I have a really loud turbo flutter, even under no boost, could it be the tune or maybe the BOV, I didn't have this at all when I was stock. I'm just concerned that I might damage something.
If you hear it letting OFF the throttle, it's 100% normal and safe... if you are getting flutter while actively under higher throttle levels, then you have issues...

SrsBsns

The BOV should prevent flutter. Flutter is bad news. Is the BOV installed correctly/ plugged in?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have the electronic turbosmart 50/50 blow off valve. I know very little of the mechanical one.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk