Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

loud clunk then no boost

turbosteve

U.S. Marine Veteran
I was going about 20mph and in 2nd gear in heavy traffic. There was a loud clunk sound then no boost pressure, pulled over and still no boost but now there is a loud ticking sound that is faster when you rev up. 2016 ford fiesta st with about 70k miles on it. I have spent days trying to figure this out. all hoses are still attached.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Can you take a video of the sound?

What were the conditions when the loud clunk happened (were you mid-redline pull, off boost, cruising, etc)?

What modifications to the car?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
From the avatar pic I'd say an intake at minimum. Some people loose their oil catch cans.

It is normally a very "ticky" or clickity engine but the sound dampening material fastened along with the windshield reservoir tray keeps a surprising amount out of the passenger compartment.

OP
turbosteve

turbosteve

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Can you take a video of the sound?

What were the conditions when the loud clunk happened (were you mid-redline pull, off boost, cruising, etc)?

Intake, exhaust, and a bov. I am not able to at the moment take a video. But it had a very little tick. Now it's loud and no I was going slow with low RPMs the whole day then it all went down.