Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LSD is toast

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Why wouldn’t you wait? It’s a lot of work swapping diffs.
The reference meant if the Wavetrac did not exist I would consider an MFactory. I am buying a Wavetrac its just getting around to making the purchase. I just had a set of Whoosh 300mm fronts fall into my lap as well. :ROFLMAO:
Cars are not the only thing I am into I write and produce music so I buy synthesizers and pro audio equipment as well🤣.
I do kinda have to budget myself.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Same here, as an effort to try and stave off major aging/sedentary living diseases, I am getting back into the road/gravel cycling scene.

The latest aerospace material/tech bicycles/wheels/components/etc. are NOT CHEAP, as anyone on here who is into that scene will testify, so I too am having to severely curtail many previously planned FiST mods to be able to improve my health and fitness. [wink]

Last edited:

Magnetic

^^^Same here, as an effort to try and stave off major aging/sedentary living diseases, I am getting back into the road/gravel cycling scene.

The latest aerospace material/tech bicycles/wheels/components/etc. are NOT CHEAP, as anyone on here who is into that scene will testify, so I too am having to severely curtail many previously planned FiST mods to be able to improve my health. [wink]
I MTB! It's been too hot in AZ lately but the weather has started to *turn around and I'm planning on hitting the trails next week! I started MTB'ing last year during the lockdown and absolutely fell in love with the sport. Had some spills and learned a lot riding with some OG's that kept pushing me and damn it was great. I got a Trek hardtail but hopefully once I get better I'll be getting a full suspension bike.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club

The latest aerospace material/tech bicycles/wheels/components/etc. are NOT CHEAP, as anyone on here who is into that scene will testify, so I too am having to severely curtail many previously planned FiST mods to be able to improve my health and fitness. [wink]
Glad to hear you’re pedaling! There’s nothing better. I’ve been riding and competing in BMX/MTB since 85. Cars are by far more expensive in my experience. The MFactory diff is reasonably priced, effective and has a great warranty, which is why I bought it. Perhaps other diffs have their advantages but I can’t imagine I’d enjoy the car anymore than I do now. The money saved could buy a nice MTB helmet as well. 😉 I’m looking forward to seeing what the OP discovers when the trans is cracked open. Hopefully it won’t be too terrible and MFactory takes care of him if needed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Cars are by far more expensive in my experience.
For the most part, yes, but then again, a Felt all carbon fiber, top level track pursuit/kilometer event bike is well over $30K now, even though it does include both a training and aero/disc racing wheelsets. LOL

The sprint event, and mass start event bikes are not that much less, as some of their wheelsets alone co$t as much as our cars did NEW. [crazyeye][ohcrap]

But yes, on that diff price difference being a new cycling helmet, since I just dropped $250 on a new Oakley Aro 5 road brain bucket. [wink]

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Funny you should mention that as I too am eye balling some gravel bikes . Though I am looking at the Under 1k area. Poseidon or Cannodale are the two top choices right now for me.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
One of my sister-in-laws husband is addicted to cycling. He probably rides hundreds of miles a week does 50 mile bike rides on the regular. He has some very expensive equipment. He has saved thousands and thousands of dollars by buying gently used equipment. I personally don't understand it I could never spend more than $1,000 on a bike.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Mikey456

One of my sister-in-laws husband is addicted to cycling. He probably rides hundreds of miles a week does 50 mile bike rides on the regular. He has some very expensive equipment. He has saved thousands and thousands of dollars by buying gently used equipment. I personally don't understand it I could never spend more than $1,000 on a bike.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
It’s the quality of the parts and the frame material. If you are a casual bike rider you are correct on spending that amount. I made the mistake of getting back into mountain biking that I left for awhile and buying a $600 bike only to spend $600 more because the standards have changed since the 90’s. The bike works fine, but I know need to spend $3k to get a modern bike that can handle places like Moab, Sedona. And that’s for a hard tail.

Magnetic

It’s the quality of the parts and the frame material. If you are a casual bike rider you are correct on spending that amount. I made the mistake of getting back into mountain biking that I left for awhile and buying a $600 bike only to spend $600 more because the standards have changed since the 90’s. The bike works fine, but I know need to spend $3k to get a modern bike that can handle places like Moab, Sedona. And that’s for a hard tail.
i did a Sedona double black diamond on a trek Marlin 5 lol

Magnetic

I guess you don’t need full suspension than [emoji6]
I have to say it was BRUTAL! I was DYING the whole time though HaHa. I was lucky to have a great group of riders to be with that walked me through the different sections. Dang I gotta get back on my bike ASAP!

It's the downhill runs where you can really fly with the full suspension setups. Considering getting a Davinci Troy hopefully early next year. Just been spending too much money on the FiST.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #40
Pictures don't really show anything. Looking through one of the little holes on one end you can see that one of the friction teeth is missing, otherwise the unit looked brand new. Per warranty, I was forbidden from taking it apart so I didn't. I sent it in about a month ago and have not heard anything back so soon I will be sending a polite email. The transmission ended up getting messed up as well so I replaced that out of a wrecked car.