Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lsd options

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I remember once, that after winning the Maine Forest Rally one year in the late '90s, the Sprongl brothers did those 'spin like a top' style donuts in celebration, in their Quattro S2 coupe with the center diff locked, on pavement, right in the intersection of routes 16 and 17 in Oquossoc, Maine.[:)] [driving]
I can sometimes get an odd look when I mention I have 3 lockers not 2 in my 4Runner. Locking them all is an odd experience!

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Very well. I regularly beat mod AWD-classed vehicles in my mod FWD-classed FiST in a very competitive SCCA Rallycross region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely! [twothumb]
But on a world class (or even national Euro) competition level, (unlike here in the states) the FWD rally rides do not even come close to the pace of the top class AWD rockets, given the same 'pilot' skills..

Andy Mack

So... why is it an option for the MK8? :unsure:

The LSD makes a big difference in a FWD car.

EDIT - I 'need' it for snow and gravel.
At the moment my 2017 st is stock. But thinking about an S280 install. I'm in Milwaukee, WI and this car is horrendous in the snow. Also, if I put the hybrid in, I don't want one tire spinning if I'm in 1st or 2nd gear in dry conditions. This is a daily driver for me. I don't race it, track it, dump the clutch or anything else. But I don't want one tire to spin if I want to mash the pedal. I would think this would also help to minimize wheel hop.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
At the moment my 2017 st is stock. But thinking about an S280 install. I'm in Milwaukee, WI and this car is horrendous in the snow. Also, if I put the hybrid in, I don't want one tire spinning if I'm in 1st or 2nd gear in dry conditions. This is a daily driver for me. I don't race it, track it, dump the clutch or anything else. But I don't want one tire to spin if I want to mash the pedal. I would think this would also help to minimize wheel hop.
It's a very noticeable change in the winter - two wheels spinning and scrambling for traction and not one plus traction control.

Very happy with the LSD purchase - I'd consider it necessary with a upgraded turbo.