Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Map verification

I've got a base map from mountune on my accessport, and I am unsure of targets. When I got the tune I was told the boost target was 27psi, and when I loaded it I only had 20psi. Talking to randy he said that seemed normal, is there any way to look at the file and tell what it's actually calling for?

Base maps are used for tuning, and may be anywhere between 16-20psi depending on the tuner, it's not an issue. The Cobb OTS maps are 20-22psi range between the 91 octane stage one and 93 octane stage 3, and there's a description provided on the map sometimes providing reference to what the boost may be... but the tuning isn't based on a boost target's per se... but there are absolute limits set withing the software for safety reasons... the ECU logic isn't hitting a boost target, the boost logged is the result.

Here's the description as an example from the OTS COBB file: "Map Switching Enabled, Slot1 - Performance, Slot2 - Economy. Intended for an otherwise stock Fiesta ST vehicle with a stock exhaust, and a stock intake system. 91 octane fuel minimum (95 RON). Boost Targets: ~20.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.5psi by the 7000 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi. Flat Foot Shift Enabled (5000rpm). Fuel and Throttle Cut LC Enabled (2500/4000rpm). Burnout Enabled (5000rpm)."