Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meet 'The Stubby'

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Some bastid stole my antenna at the train station a few weeks ago. I was gonna do the shark fin but honestly, I don't think it looks right on a hatch. I've always axed the goofy r/c car antenna with an ECS Tuning shorty. Not being certain about the thread pitch, I went hunting & found something better... The Stubby.

CravenSpeed machines them from billet 6061 aluminum then bakes a black textured powder coating to protect it. Best part, for 10 bucks more they'll engrave it. A lil cheesy but I like it :) And I no longer get a face full of FM static when I start the car. Too dark now but I'll get a pic of it installed in the morning. Gave it some blue thread lock to deter the next jerk off!

http://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna-for-ford/

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Tis the season for darkness to and from work so the garage lighting is as good as I'm gonna get during the week.

I'm assuming it's shorter than the original so there's no concern of it touching the hatch when it's open, right?

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
I can confirm that the ECS isn't flexible. at least never has been.

I got a chinese stubby antenna in a faux carbon fiber finish. Really looks a lot better than the parts bin antenna pulled from a rental spec fiesta.

Ive been eyeballing a Stubby or a Torque Solutions. Seem basically the same. However the main question-- Have you had any issue picking up Satellite Radio vs the stock piece?

Zormecteon

Ive been eyeballing a Stubby or a Torque Solutions. Seem basically the same. However the main question-- Have you had any issue picking up Satellite Radio vs the stock piece?
\

Now that's an interesting question.. I thought the SAT radio came in on either the box in front of the mirror, or the dot on the dash. I don't think it's in the "normal radio frequency range. Hmmmmmmm. ? Anyone?

MPA

I bought a cheap 2.4" aluminum one off of Ebay for $10. After a few months it started turning brown, so I just painted it with trim paint, and it's still black. No issues w/ either SAT or FM.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I use the 2" Perrin
It's great
Looks great & no reception issues

I also have the 2" and 4" available & in stock on my site

Yeah, it's definitely a cool and nice touch. I have it as well. It's shorter than the OEM one, and reception can get sketchy at times; especially in garages, where the OEM performed better. However, I can live with that [like]