Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Metal on metal scraping noise from front right when idling

As of this morning I've noticed this metal on metal scraping sound coming from the hot side of the intercooler area. No clue what it is, thought maybe a clamp was loose but it appears it is all good and I don't see anything obviously rattling. Mostly disappears after idling or driving for a while, it just quit entirely it seems like as I'm writing this, after around 10 minutes idling.

Attachments

Ton

Just throwing a bad scenario out there but have you checked your crank walk?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This will need to be put on a hoist and started and run through gears and listened too.

OP
Williamson
Thread Starter #4
Just throwing a bad scenario out there but have you checked your crank walk?
I have not, seeing as it just started this morning

This will need to be put on a hoist and started and run through gears and listened too.
I'll have to look to do that, but my roommate did mention that when she replaced my stopgap connector with the proper S hose (Because my hands are too big to fit in there without removing the entire bumper lol) there were a number of zap straps and she thinks that's probably what it is since it stops after it shakes itself into a spot. It doesn't change under throttle or anything, and seems to consistently go away after a little bit and is for absolutely certain coming from the hot side of the intercooler based on my laying there and listening to it. The alternative was that my AC compressor grenaded itself and has a giant hole in it, explaining why I don't have AC, and there's a bunch of rocks and metal bits in it that could be rattling. But that's been that way for months and it's not the right location sound wise for that either. I'm pulling the bumper off to install my Koyorad so I suppose that'll be the most obvious time this shows itself.

Otherwise, I suppose I'm fucked

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have not, seeing as it just started this morning

I'll have to look to do that, but my roommate did mention that when she replaced my stopgap connector with the proper S hose (Because my hands are too big to fit in there without removing the entire bumper lol) there were a number of zap straps and she thinks that's probably what it is since it stops after it shakes itself into a spot. It doesn't change under throttle or anything, and seems to consistently go away after a little bit and is for absolutely certain coming from the hot side of the intercooler based on my laying there and listening to it. The alternative was that my AC compressor grenaded itself and has a giant hole in it, explaining why I don't have AC, and there's a bunch of rocks and metal bits in it that could be rattling. But that's been that way for months and it's not the right location sound wise for that either. I'm pulling the bumper off to install my Koyorad so I suppose that'll be the most obvious time this shows itself.

Otherwise, I suppose I'm fucked
Compressor Clutch for A/c compressor * is a possibility