Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MFactory Helical LSD's - Lifetime Warranty!

Trader history for MFactory (0)

LT Berzerker

If only I knew how much it would cost to install :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LT Berzerker

I'm guessing several hours, 3 busted knuckles, 6 pack, $23.75 for the swear jar and 2 lost sockets.
I'll do bolt-ons myself, but dropping the trans & opening up... Don't have the time or tools.

I'll do bolt-ons myself, but dropping the trans & opening up... Don't have the time or tools.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit anxious since this will definitely be one of the more involved projects I've done. I've been planning for this for a while. I already have new bearings and axle seals sitting in the garage. Maybe I should budget a bit more for the swear jar?

LT Berzerker

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit anxious since this will definitely be one of the more involved projects I've done. I've been planning for this for a while. I already have new bearings and axle seals sitting in the garage. Maybe I should budget a bit more for the swear jar?
Either that or more beer....I error on the side of brain lubricant....

LT Berzerker

How long is the group buy open for...Pricing out an install presently...Depending on cost by the end of the day I might jump in....

OP
MFactory
Thread Starter #48
If anyone is in the LA county area and is in on the group buy, if you are willing to drop off your tranny to us (we can't work directly on vehicles due to zoning regulations) for a day or two, we can crack it open and check out what's involved. If it's anything like the Focus ST trans, then it's simple as it's just like any other diff install (we do literally thousands of transmission/diff rebuilds every year at our facility).

From there (i.e after working out a cost), if anyone wants to to drop off or ship us their transmission, we will more than happily install your LSD for you.

How long is the group buy open for...Pricing out an install presently...Depending on cost by the end of the day I might jump in....

Probably over the next week or so (or until stock runs out!)

LT Berzerker

If anyone is in the LA county area and is in on the group buy, if you are willing to drop off your tranny to us (we can't work directly on vehicles due to zoning regulations) for a day or two, we can crack it open and check out what's involved. If it's anything like the Focus ST trans, then it's simple as it's just like any other diff install (we do literally thousands of transmission/diff rebuilds every year at our facility).

From there (i.e after working out a cost), if anyone wants to to drop off or ship us their transmission, we will more than happily install your LSD for you.

Probably over the next week or so (or until stock runs out!)
Excellent to hear :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Same here, and any place I inquired at in my general area was asking almost $2500.00 for labor ONLY!!

I not only don't have the tools or skills, I don't have a place/area I could even possibly do this install myself even IF I wanted to. [:(]

LT Berzerker

Mueller motorwerks (they time trial a First, below) in WI quoted me $648 in labor (8hrs pretax) with a 10% military discount.... So about $1300 all in...I think I'll wait on the LSD, (see if my input shaft bearing fails again) and opt for coils this year as the big upgrade, then I can fit some wider tread on... Next year will be the LSD :)

Butterybunz

Mueller motorsports in WI quoted me $648 in labor (8hrs pretax) with a 10% military discount.... So about $1300 all in...I think I'll wait on the LSD, (see if my input shaft bearing fails again) and opt for coils this year as the big upgrade, then I can fit some wider tread on... Next year will be the LSD :)

That's an extremely reasonable quote for this kind of job!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
+1!!!

I would probably do this for that price, at way less than HALF of what it would cost me here! [mad]

[offtopic] But, Giken makes clutch plate diffs for the FoSTs??!! [???:)]
Lmk about that 2nd LSD I PM'd you
About so you can save $ on shipping them together :)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Anyone got some got some good links to builds or anything with all the parts and tools required ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk