Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MFactory Helical LSD's - Lifetime Warranty!

Trader history for MFactory (0)

Pete

Anyone got some got some good links to builds or anything with all the parts and tools required ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in the process of making the videos for it. This upcoming week I'm doing a q and a about everything needed for both the LSD and final drive install and then I will post putting everything back together. Here is the first video on taking the transmission apart.

https://youtu.be/qsMLSALCnww

I'm in the process of making the videos for it. This upcoming week I'm doing a q and a about everything needed for both the LSD and final drive install and then I will post putting everything back together. Here is the first video on taking the transmission apart.

https://youtu.be/qsMLSALCnww
This is great. Do you have info about pulling the transmission? I'm trying to make sure that I have everything needed before I dig in. My main question right now is how you go about pulling the axles.

Also if anyone has a good resource for the factory service manual, I'd love to get my hands on one.

Pete

The way I did it because of my circumstance was I removed the engine and transmission together as a unit and then removed the transmission from the block. But from looking at the clearance remove the transmission Mount entirely for clearance, the intake and battery, and just be careful and slow with the wiring/shift linkage. As for the axles mine came out pretty easy from the transmission using a small pry bar they popped right out. I kept the passenger side cv axle connected to the extended drive shaft.

The way I did it because of my circumstance was I removed the engine and transmission together as a unit and then removed the transmission from the block. But from looking at the clearance remove the transmission Mount entirely for clearance, the intake and battery, and just be careful and slow with the wiring/shift linkage. As for the axles mine came out pretty easy from the transmission using a small pry bar they popped right out. I kept the passenger side cv axle connected to the extended drive shaft.
Thanks. Let us know what shims you wind up needing with the Mfactory diff.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also if anyone has a good resource for the factory service manual, I'd love to get my hands on one.
SAME HERE!!!

Does anyone know IF a PAPER, PRINTED, BOOK, manual exists for these cars or not (a la the Helms Manuals for the GM vehicles)???? [dunno]

Pete

Thanks. Let us know what shims you wind up needing with the Mfactory diff.
I'm using the wave trac diff but install is the same. I measured everything while I was waiting for my final drive and I don't have to change shims. Rodmoe experienced the same in his thread he made when he did the quaife diff.

What else do I need to buy with the LSD to get it installed?

Also, does anyone in Atlanta know of a reliable installer?
I've called around and they are all around, and some quite a bit over $1k to install, so I'd like to go to a place someone on here can vouch for. Thanks in advance!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

I've called around and they are all around, and some quite a bit over $1k to install, so I'd like to go to a place someone on here can vouch for. Thanks in advance!
Being as I have two good trans ( both have been in my car and ran ), I'm thinking I will install my LSD on the trans not in the car, then just swap them. When the trans in my car comes out, I could install someone else's LSD in it and swap them out after it's installed as a core charge. But I'll have to see how the install goes etc to gauge what it's worth charging

Once the trans is out, it is pretty straight forward and as many have noted they have not had to swap out the shim so that is a major plus. Check out some of the installs to get an idea.

I'd like to ask Mfactory, since this is your thread meant to sell the diffs, is it okay for us to litter the thread with install questions, or should we start a different thread?

Hey everyone. Just installed this LSD for a customer.

No the subframe does not need to come out. Drivers axle needs to be removed and the passenger axle needs to be pushed out of the way. Taking out the subframe may make it easier if your doing it on jackstands, but with a lift and trans jack it can be wiggled out. This is also a good opportunity to do your clutch.

The 0.5mm shim that was factory in the diff worked well. I checked and double checked. Ford screwed us on these. Some of the shims are 10 dollars, some are 90.

Customer bought the mountune/ford racing install kit. Tasca can get them, as they are a ford racing part number. Highly suggested. Throw the diff in the freezer the night before the install. Heat up the bearings a little and they go on the diff super easy.

All the gears don't need to be removed like the forum post. Once the bellhousing is off, you can take the diff out easy. I took an extra percaution and let the trans sit for 24 hours before filling it with oil so that the sealant can cure.

Hey everyone. Just installed this LSD for a customer.

No the subframe does not need to come out. Drivers axle needs to be removed and the passenger axle needs to be pushed out of the way. Taking out the subframe may make it easier if your doing it on jackstands, but with a lift and trans jack it can be wiggled out. This is also a good opportunity to do your clutch.

The 0.5mm shim that was factory in the diff worked well. I checked and double checked. Ford screwed us on these. Some of the shims are 10 dollars, some are 90.

Customer bought the mountune/ford racing install kit. Tasca can get them, as they are a ford racing part number. Highly suggested. Throw the diff in the freezer the night before the install. Heat up the bearings a little and they go on the diff super easy.

All the gears don't need to be removed like the forum post. Once the bellhousing is off, you can take the diff out easy. I took an extra percaution and let the trans sit for 24 hours before filling it with oil so that the sealant can cure.
Fantastic. Thanks for this. I'll be pulling the subframe to replace the steering bushings anyway. How did you deal with the passenger side axle?