Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MFactory Helical LSD's - Lifetime Warranty!

Trader history for MFactory (0)

Fantastic. Thanks for this. I'll be pulling the subframe to replace the steering bushings anyway. How did you deal with the passenger side axle?
Unbolt it from the block (2x 13mm nuts). Remove lower ball joint from knuckle, tie rod, and sway bar link and pull it out of the trans. move it out of the way. I usually put something on the end of the axle (transmission side) because if you knick the smooth part it can eat up the seal. I sort of went about this the same way i do trans on the Focus.

Thanks, I think next weekend I'll be doing this. I'll gladly give feedback here I have any experiences that haven't already been covered.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey everyone. Just installed this LSD for a customer.

No the subframe does not need to come out. Drivers axle needs to be removed and the passenger axle needs to be pushed out of the way. Taking out the subframe may make it easier if your doing it on jackstands, but with a lift and trans jack it can be wiggled out. This is also a good opportunity to do your clutch.

The 0.5mm shim that was factory in the diff worked well. I checked and double checked. Ford screwed us on these. Some of the shims are 10 dollars, some are 90.

Customer bought the mountune/ford racing install kit. Tasca can get them, as they are a ford racing part number. Highly suggested. Throw the diff in the freezer the night before the install. Heat up the bearings a little and they go on the diff super easy.

All the gears don't need to be removed like the forum post. Once the bellhousing is off, you can take the diff out easy. I took an extra percaution and let the trans sit for 24 hours before filling it with oil so that the sealant can cure.
Mitch;

Roughly, what did you charge (labor and 'shop supplies' ONLY, no 'hard parts') for this?

Received my diff this week, the box was damaged from delivery ( it has a huge hole in it) but I'm pretty sure nothing is damaged inside

Received my diff this week, the box was damaged from delivery ( it has a huge hole in it) but I'm pretty sure nothing is damaged inside
We package them well, unfortunately every now and then the shipping companies may get overzealous. Please let us know if there are any issues. ;)

Installed the diff this weekend. Not going to do a full install post since others already have, but I'll add some observations to my STX build thread. Excited about the next autocross.

Hey, so no reason, just asking for a friend...

Does anybody who's done their install recognize this bracket? Where does this go?

Finally got mine installed yesterday and I am liking it tremendously. The increased forward bite is dramatic in both straight line acceleration and cornering grip, she just pulls and pulls through the turns. Big benefits and no tradeoffs I have observed so far. Good luck finding someone who both know how and wants to do it. I was lucky.[thumb][thumb]

Hey, so no reason, just asking for a friend...

Does anybody who's done their install recognize this bracket? Where does this go?
Bracket that holds the wiring harness coming from the fuse box headed towards the starter. Those two bolt holes are bolts that go through the bell housing and into the starter.

Finally got mine installed yesterday and I am liking it tremendously. The increased forward bite is dramatic in both straight line acceleration and cornering grip, she just pulls and pulls through the turns. Big benefits and no tradeoffs I have observed so far. Good luck finding someone who both know how and wants to do it. I was lucky.[thumb][thumb]
Thank you for the feedback!! :) :)

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I haven forgotten about this. I'm discussing the installation with a local shop tomorrow. I'm planning to do this and a clutch at the same time.