Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mildew / Mold Smell - Cabin Filter?

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #22
I pulled the kick panel off before and on the U.S. cars it's on the passenger side.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I pulled the kick panel off before and on the U.S. cars it's on the passenger side.
Thanks save me the challenge. But DAMN thats the most buried filter I have ever seen. On the Edge its right behind the glove box held with pressure clips. Man this would cost more than an oil change to get it replaced at the service bay...

XuperXero

Same filter as standard Fiesta and you can only access from passenger. Changed mine already at dealership.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #26
Just finished up - I will GLADLY pay Ford to do this for me next time. What an idiot design.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That is a PAIN to do.
I am glad mine was covered by warranty.

Dave

About the comment with the stinky socks, had the same problem until I bought new combat boots. [emoji15]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I guess I'd throw this up....pardon me if someone already has.....

1st step remove passengerside a/c bolster screw clip.....

2nd step remove a/c bolster panel....

3rd step....

4th step....remove bolts and unplug the sensor/switch....

5th step....next two bolts ......

Then remove this a/c baffle near the glove box to get at the top screw easier.......

6th step.....get take the cover off.....pull on filter at the bottom to get it out. It's ok if it gets pulled on and squished. It pretty resilient at springging back. Make sure you point the arrow on top of the filter twords you on the install.

Good luck....now go change the cabin filter...[rockon]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Good pictures. It's a pain to change but well worth it. Amazon has the filter for less than $10. On thing I suggest vacuum the hole where the filter slides in before the new filter is install and it would not hurt to give it a good spray of Lysol or similar disinfectant.

Finally a thread on the Cabin filter! I went to the dealer twice and they looked at me like an alien when I asked for a cabin filter for the Fiesta ST. Mine has 44k miles and 3 years on the stock one, this is gonna be gross. lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How often does the manual say to change this (I don't have one yet), and how often should it really be done to keep away the 'stinkies'??

Edit; I just noticed Hunter702's post about the 15K mile recommendation from the Blue Oval, but I guess it would not hurt to do it every 10K miles or less to keep the musties at bay (even though it's a royal pain [:(])?