Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Baffled Oil Catch Can Pre-Sale!

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

mishimoto1

The wait is over! Check out the details below...

Pre-Sale Link!!

Mishimoto Ford Fiesta ST Baffled Oil Catch Can, PCV side, 2014+

Pre-Sale Price: $174.95
MSRP: $260.00

Pre-Sale Expiration Date: September 1st
Estimated Ship Date: September 4th

Product Specs:

? Single can mounting inline with the PCV system separates oil particles using 50 micron bronze filter
? Silicone hoses include pre-attached stock-style quick disconnect fittings for plug & play install
? Offered with black, blue, or red silicone hoses that come pre-molded for a reliable install
? Application specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location in the front of the engine bay
? Billet 6061 aluminum sealed can
? Defends intercooler, intake system, and essential components from oil blow-by
? Reduces carbon build-up on the intake valves
? Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
? Filter and can are fully serviceable
? Internal air diverter turbulates air longer to improve oil separation
? Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

Product R&D:
http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=307

Tech Specs:

Pre-Sale Link!!

Feel free to follow up with any questions regarding this kit!

Thanks
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #3
Can we see some installed pics?
Sure we posted a few with our hoses mocked-up on the can for fitment. Here is the best one:

You can check out the full post on the catch can thread HERE or our blog HERE.
We will make sure to post more final installed pics once we receive the finalized bracket
Thanks!
-Sara

me32

1000 Post Club
When will we get to see pics of the final kit an fully installed with the quick disconnect.

Young L

Hey Mishimoto,

In your words, why would I purchase this one over boomba's?
you really think that is a fair question to ask when they haven't even put it out yet? Mishimoto is a way bigger company and probably has a larger resource pool to pull from than boomba. Im not trying to defend anyone im just being logical.

you really think that is a fair question to ask when they haven't even put it out yet? Mishimoto is a way bigger company and probably has a larger resource pool to pull from than boomba. Im not trying to defend anyone im just being logical.
I think that's a perfectly good question to ask since they're taking preorders on their product. Since there are 2 other vendors on here advertising the same type of product, why should I pick theirs? I already have one of their basic oil catch cans and I was really unimpressed with what I got for the price I paid. $100 really just bought me a metal can with 2 spouts, I should have just paid $10 for an eBay one. There is absolutely nothing inside the can to filter out any oil vapors. This one at least looks promising since it has a brass filter. All I am saying I am going to need some convincing to invest in Mishitomo again.

This is what $100 got me. (courtesy of westcoaST's thread)

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #10
Hey Mishimoto,

In your words, why would I purchase this one over boomba's?
Joszer,

Great question! We don't perform any competitor evaluations for ethical reasons, we would rather present the best possible product and let you take it from there, but I can explain the benefits of the Mishimoto kit;

1) Direct Fit: We?ve designed this kit to be a bolt on kit without any guess work. We include everything you?ll need to install our catch can on your car (aside from tools and some spare time).
2) The center-piece of our kit: our 2-Port Compact Baffled Catch Can. This can is pretty slick.
a. 100% billet 6061 aluminum construction.​
b. In addition to the internal baffle, our can also features an air diverter and 50 micron bronze filter to separate oil particles from incoming air.​
c. It is easy to service. Simply unscrew the bottom of the can and you can empty the contents of the can and wash the internals of the can. When you?re done, just screw it back in place and you?re ready to go.​
3) Silicone Hoses: Our kit comes with custom molded silicone hoses designed specifically for our Fiesta ST Catch Can Kit. These hoses are available in Blue, Black or Red.
4) Quick Disconnect Fittings: We?re including two quick disconnect fittings pre-installed, and clocked to the correct angle, on the silicone hoses. Our fittings are also easier to use than the factory quick disconnects.
5) Location: We?ve mounted our kit near the front of the engine bay right behind the passenger side headlight. Having the can at the front of the engine bay makes it very easy to service. Seeing how much accumulation the catch can has is as easy as popping the hood and unscrewing the bottom of the can.

I think that's a perfectly good question to ask since they're taking preorders on their product. Since there are 2 other vendors on here advertising the same type of product, why should I pick theirs? I already have one of their basic oil catch cans and I was really unimpressed with what I got for the price I paid. $100 really just bought me a metal can with 2 spouts, I should have just paid $10 for an eBay one. There is absolutely nothing inside the can to filter out any oil vapors. This one at least looks promising since it has a brass filter. All I am saying I am going to need some convincing to invest in Mishitomo again.

This is what $100 got me. (courtesy of westcoaST's thread)
It looks like you currently have one of our universal, non-baffled catch cans, which are great for daily drivers in that they do protect and defend essential engine components from oil blow-by. Not only that, but they are protected by the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, which eBay cans (or converted Coors Lite cans) don?t offer. ;)

The particular baffled oil catch can used in all of our direct-fit kits, including our Fiesta ST Catch Can kit, is a different animal altogether. Our compact cans feature the internal baffles, diverters and bronze filters I mentioned above which really assist in keeping harmful elements out of your engine components. This is extremely important for your intercooler and intake systems (especially if you track or have a more aggressive driving style).

We documented the development of our compact baffled oil catch cans on our Engineering Blog. I?d encourage you to check it out, I think you?d be interested to see what went into the design. Here?s a link to the article:

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=124

Let me know if you have any additional questions about our Catch Cans, I?m here to help!

Thanks!
Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #11
When will we get to see pics of the final kit an fully installed with the quick disconnect.
I'm in, Waiting to see the final result!!
As soon as we receive the rest of the components we will make sure to take lots of installed pictures to share with you guys!

Looks nice. How exactly does it mount to the car?
The catch can mounts to the top of the right side motor mount, if you want to check out some more detailed photos you can head over to our catch can thread HERE, or our blog HERE.
Thanks!
-Sara

In your oil catch can, you use an 50 micron bronze filter.

Do you need to replace this 50 micron bronze filter at any time or after any millage?

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #13
In your oil catch can, you use an 50 micron bronze filter.

Do you need to replace this 50 micron bronze filter at any time or after any millage?
Great question! You do not need to replace the filter. At the most it will need some cleaning but the good news is that our compact baffled catch can is 100% washable just a little soap and water and you should be good to go!
-Sara

TheStig

Joszer,

Great question! We don't perform any competitor evaluations for ethical reasons, we would rather present the best possible product and let you take it from there, but I can explain the benefits of the Mishimoto kit;

1) Direct Fit: We?ve designed this kit to be a bolt on kit without any guess work. We include everything you?ll need to install our catch can on your car (aside from tools and some spare time).
2) The center-piece of our kit: our 2-Port Compact Baffled Catch Can. This can is pretty slick.
a. 100% billet 6061 aluminum construction.​
b. In addition to the internal baffle, our can also features an air diverter and 50 micron bronze filter to separate oil particles from incoming air.​
c. It is easy to service. Simply unscrew the bottom of the can and you can empty the contents of the can and wash the internals of the can. When you?re done, just screw it back in place and you?re ready to go.​
3) Silicone Hoses: Our kit comes with custom molded silicone hoses designed specifically for our Fiesta ST Catch Can Kit. These hoses are available in Blue, Black or Red.
4) Quick Disconnect Fittings: We?re including two quick disconnect fittings pre-installed, and clocked to the correct angle, on the silicone hoses. Our fittings are also easier to use than the factory quick disconnects.
5) Location: We?ve mounted our kit near the front of the engine bay right behind the passenger side headlight. Having the can at the front of the engine bay makes it very easy to service. Seeing how much accumulation the catch can has is as easy as popping the hood and unscrewing the bottom of the can.

It looks like you currently have one of our universal, non-baffled catch cans, which are great for daily drivers in that they do protect and defend essential engine components from oil blow-by. Not only that, but they are protected by the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, which eBay cans (or converted Coors Lite cans) don?t offer. ;)

The particular baffled oil catch can used in all of our direct-fit kits, including our Fiesta ST Catch Can kit, is a different animal altogether. Our compact cans feature the internal baffles, diverters and bronze filters I mentioned above which really assist in keeping harmful elements out of your engine components. This is extremely important for your intercooler and intake systems (especially if you track or have a more aggressive driving style).

We documented the development of our compact baffled oil catch cans on our Engineering Blog. I?d encourage you to check it out, I think you?d be interested to see what went into the design. Here?s a link to the article:

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=124

Let me know if you have any additional questions about our Catch Cans, I?m here to help!

Thanks!
Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #20
Sara - how long will the pre-sale be going on?
As of now we don't have a concrete date for the pre-sale to end. We have estimated late august, but I will make sure to update you as I get more information on a specific date.

Looks like a qualify item so I just placed my pre order.
Thanks for the order we appreciate it!
-Sara