Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Baffled Oil Catch Can Pre-Sale!

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #181
I have sent the pictures of my can to Nick at the email address provided. Kindly send me the new bracket as soon as you can. Thank you.

- Zeta
Hi Again Zeta!

At this point Nick will be the one that is handling the shipment of your bracket. If you need any additional assistance feel free to send me a PM and I will work with Nick to help you.

Thanks,
Sara

I just installed this catch can yesterday and the quality is great but for those of you looking to order it do yourself a favor and order the drain kit. I didn't thinking I would just unscrew the can to empty it....i was so wrong. There is no room to do this without dismantling the whole unit. I already went ahead and ordered the drain kit today and will install it when I go to install my FMIC cause the only feasible way to do it would be to remove the headlight. Again, fantastic product, just save yourself the headache and get the drain kit.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #184
Will this catch can work with the 2j racing intake?
We have not been able to test-fit our catch can with this intake, however based on the mounting location I don't see why it wouldn't fit. If you want to check out some installed shots we have some up on the product page HERE.

I just installed this catch can yesterday and the quality is great but for those of you looking to order it do yourself a favor and order the drain kit. I didn't thinking I would just unscrew the can to empty it....i was so wrong. There is no room to do this without dismantling the whole unit. I already went ahead and ordered the drain kit today and will install it when I go to install my FMIC cause the only feasible way to do it would be to remove the headlight. Again, fantastic product, just save yourself the headache and get the drain kit.
Thanks for the kind words! The drain kit certainly makes emptying the catch can much easier [thumb]

-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #186
Nice then will be getting one soon.
As long as the intake you have doesn't interfere with the stock PCV line to either the intake manifold or valve cover you should be fine. If you want to watch the install guide to be sure you can check it out HERE.

-Sara

Where can I get the type of hose that you are utilizing for your catch can? Do you sell just the hosing component separate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The version 1 bracket has had some failures reported to us. Based on its location (on the engine mount) it is subject to vibrations which cause it to crack in some cases. The version 2 bracket relocates the mounting point to the back of the front crash bar which solves the issue of the bracket breaking.

-Sara
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but has anybody used the version 2 bracket with DHM's race crash bar? Is the mounting point still valid?

Thank you.

I installed mine today. What a nightmare! First, I pulled the headlight to get to the 2 bolts to replace with the included ones. I must've caught a thread or something because one was about halfway tight when the nut seized and sheared the bolt right off... Great! I dug through my parts bin and found another nut and bolt with the same thread pattern... Problem #1 fixed... So then I moved on to attaching the hoses with the quick connect fittings... The front fitting was missing a tab and the second tab was cracked and about to break off... I started so I wasn't stopping so I pulled a fitting outta the oem tube and replaced the broken one... After cutting about 1/4" off the tube that was noticeably too long, it snapped right in... So after a little frustration, it's in. It does look really good and I'm sure it functions accordingly. But damn, that was a little more than just snap right in...

Dang, sounds like a pain. My install went problem free, but I was on the preorder when they first were released. They had an issue with the bracket cracking and mine finally cracked. Just wanted to say Mishimoto's customer service is first rate. Quick, easy and I didn't have to jump threw any hoops even though I procrastinated for almost a year and a half. Thanks!