Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Radiator vs Mishimoto Radiator

Mishi or Mountune Radiator Upgrade?

• Total voters
I posted this in another thread but I think it’s better here.

Did any of you guys notice that the AC condenser isn’t held tightly in the claw type brackets on the top? Mine isn’t and jiggles a little. Wondering it it will cause a racket when idling.

And in yet another thread I posted full pics on my install with placement of the rubber seal I used to create a tighter seal.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...odding-the-fiesta-st.12350/page-3#post-411854

OP
The Cuzi
Thread Starter #62
I posted this in another thread but I think it’s better here.

Did any of you guys notice that the AC condenser isn’t held tightly in the claw type brackets on the top? Mine isn’t and jiggles a little. Wondering it it will cause a racket when idling.

And in yet another thread I posted full pics on my install with placement of the rubber seal I used to create a tighter seal.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...odding-the-fiesta-st.12350/page-3#post-411854
Mines the same, I haven’t heard a rattle yet and I have stiffened mounts.

Mines the same, I haven’t heard a rattle yet and I have stiffened mounts.
Ah! Well ok then. Kinda glad to know it’s not just mine but on the other hand wish they could have designed it to hold tighter or maybe at least note in the directions Something about it so we could come up with something. Like maybe some piece of plastic to sit over the lip on the condenser.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Mine moves a bit too. I read others mentioning the same. No noise coming from it though.
Mine had room I have not noticed any adverse movement or noise. I also thought about lining the gap between my shroud and radiator after installing my Mountune. Honestly I have driven in extremely hot weather here AC on and in the Canyons and I have not seen any adverse temps. In fact my temps hover right around the 190-200 range in the heat. Last time I checked.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Guess I don’t have to go to heroic measures to try to tighten it up. I was really not wanting to Take it back apart. After carefully and successfully putting it all together with the blue shield and not damaging any fins, I don’t want to try my luck again.

Went out today in some actual warmer weather. About 90+, uphill going to the freeway doing about 40, then getting on the freeway it’s more uphill and I saw my coolant go over 200 for the first time. At the top of the incline portion of the freeway I think it was 208 at the highest. I was a bit surprised. I know that’s not super hot but with the Mountune and doing freeway speeds I didn’t really think I’d see temps that high. Maybe naive on my part.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you sure you have all the air out of the system? 208 isn't that hot and nothing to be concerned with, but I've never gotten near that hot. I very rarely see over 200
Yes, this.

I still have the factory radiator, and was out today in ~97*F ambients, and after a long hill, with a light at the top, it got to 193*F while sitting at that light for 4 minutes, then dropped back down to the low to mid 180s once moving again.

I would expect BETTER THAN that out of the Mountune! [wink]

Are you sure you have all the air out of the system? 208 isn't that hot and nothing to be concerned with, but I've never gotten near that hot. I very rarely see over 200
Well, I’m not certain, no. But I’ve purged it probably 4 or 5 times with the last time having it fill up a water bottle I cut the top off of probably 4 times and saw a steady stream the whole time. It’s a bit of a pain. Maybe I can find a hose that will fit snugly over the bleed nipple and run the hose up to the tank and just let that sucker run.

I guess my question would be, does it need to get hot (thermostat open) to ensure it’s fully purged? If so, how do I go about getting that cap back on the purge nipple with a rad full of now hot coolant?

OP
The Cuzi
Thread Starter #71
Well, I’m not certain, no. But I’ve purged it probably 4 or 5 times with the last time having it fill up a water bottle I cut the top off of probably 4 times and saw a steady stream the whole time. It’s a bit of a pain. Maybe I can find a hose that will fit snugly over the bleed nipple and run the hose up to the tank and just let that sucker run.

I guess my question would be, does it need to get hot (thermostat open) to ensure it’s fully purged? If so, how do I go about getting that cap back on the purge nipple with a rad full of now hot coolant?
I would suggest driving until the engine and coolant is nice and warm before parking and letting it cool back down. Once cool, bleed. I can’t think of a benefit of bleeding while hot unless you just like the difficulty on hard mode, ha. I bled as well as I could after the radiator change but over the next few days did small follow on bleeds. I think it only took one or two times for me but everyones different.

Last edited: