Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MPG on new ST

After 3000 miles, I'm averaging a bit over 32 mpg. The computer thinks the average is 34.0, so it's a bit optimistic. I haven't reset it. The 32 mpg is calculated from the odometer and fuel purchased.

I'm averaging 22mpg. Fuels costs be damned I bought this car to have fun with it. I've put 2000 miles into mine during the first month alone.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I'm averaging 22mpg. Fuels costs be damned I bought this car to have fun with it. I've put 2000 miles into mine during the first month alone.
You must floor it everywhere you go, lol. I would have to work hard at getting my average mpg that low. Even when I am data logging, I still average 26+ mpg.

About 30-31MPG keeping it under 70 for the most part and suffering 91 octane in Cali traffic. 900 odo miles, average MPH 25-26.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
This last weekend I took a mini road trip and the car saw about 85% hwy, mountain roads, some WOT.

For that tank I did 27.76mpg over 311 miles and 11.20 gallons.

Not that good? Well, this was on E40. :)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
It shouldn't. Somewhere around E30-E40 the mix should get relatively close to non-ethanol fuel mileage. Above or below that the mileage gap is just larger.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Dude he said don't run E40. Doesn't that give you pause and reconsider?
No, it doesn't.

I also run full E85 in my Evo 10 and ran full E85 in my evo 8 for six years with zero issues. I checked the fuel system every year. I actually have a couple full write ups about it on the Evo sites with documentation and photos.

I was the first to convert and tune a Evo on E85 in California and converted and tuned over 100 others since, from 300whp to 800whp. Many breaking and holding records on race tracks and autox events across the globe. I know a little bit about running Ethanol.

No, it doesn't.

I also run full E85 in my Evo 10 and ran full E85 in my evo 8 for six years with zero issues. I checked the fuel system every year. I actually have a couple full write ups about it on the Evo sites with documentation and photos.

I was the first to convert and tune a Evo on E85 in California and converted and tuned over 100 others since, from 300whp to 800whp. Many breaking and holding records on race tracks and autox events across the globe. I know a little bit about running Ethanol.
I know I've been following your build thread for two months. Should have used an emoticon to denote sarcasm.

(stock, baring an Ingen c.a.i.) I got 52+ mpg driving between Beaumont, Ca. and Cathedral City, Ca. just last week. Mind you, it averages "downhill" between those two spots. Going back I got 30. If you average those out it was 41 mpg @ 72mph.

The only true indicator of you MPG is to NEVER reset it. That is the true average of the vehicle and your driving habits. I dont reset at fill up and then drive to Dallas, i just leave it, mine in 28.1.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The only true indicator of you MPG is to NEVER reset it. That is the true average of the vehicle and your driving habits. I dont reset at fill up and then drive to Dallas, i just leave it, mine in 28.1.
That's not true at all. I reset mine every fill-up and it's pretty close, within a few tenths. Not resetting it only gives you your overall average over the last 2k miles. If you want lifetime average then you'll need to keep track elsewhere, either on Fuelly or something of the like.

That's not true at all. I reset mine every fill-up and it's pretty close, within a few tenths. Not resetting it only gives you your overall average over the last 2k miles. If you want lifetime average then you'll need to keep track elsewhere, either on Fuelly or something of the like.
Having seen where my MPGs are reset every 2,000 mile increments. But either way the Fuelly App shows 28.9 mpg on 2014 Fiesta St's I am getting 28.1 so true enough for me.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Havent seen where MPGs get reset every 2000 miles, where does it state that? Is it in the manual or is it an ecoboost thing
It's not going to reset in the fact that it takes your mileage back to zero, it's just not going to factor in anything extra in future calculations. It has nothing to do with Ecoboost, it's how the current Ford ECU's are programmed across the lineup.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
When I had Adam tune my car after my stage 3 bolt ons I was seeing average of 32-34mpg. Went back to Cobb stage1 OTS after a dealer trip and I now see 27-29mpg. Tune helps IMO