Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My BBY TRBO Fiesta ST

The Fiesta is a great car out of the factory, but when you throw money at it oh boy its becomes better! My 2019 Fiesta ST is Shadow Black with only Voice Activation Navigation as the only option. I bought the car July 15th of 2019 and I told myself I would try to keep it stock but that was the biggest lie I've ever told myself. The car before the Fiesta was a Jetta GLI that I built for the track and I wanted the Fiesta to see the track. I've seen so many reviews how the car is great out of the box but I wanted more. Currently I am running a Dizzy E40 Tune with the S280 Turbo and I want more!!

My Current Modifications are the car are:
Whoosh Ram Air Intake
Mountune Intake "S" Pipe
Whoosh Cross Over Pipe
Turbo Technics S280 with Stock Wastegate (14psi Wastegate sitting in the garage waiting to be installed)
TurboSmart Kompact Shortie Plumb Back BOV
Cobb AccessPort
Whoosh Catless Downpipe V3
Thermal R&D Catback
Whoosh Exhaust Hangers
Mountune Radiator
MotorCraft 180 Degree Thermostat
Whoosh V3 Intercooler
Whoosh Intercooler Pipes
Mishimoto Oil Cooler
CPE Rear Motor Mount
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs 6510
Dizzy Ethanol Content Gauge
1552 Cup Spoilers
Wilwood 6 Piston Front Brakes
Focus SVT Rear Caliper Bracket and Rotor
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Whoosh Fog Light Delete Ducts
DNA Rear Sway Bar
DNA Rear Stiffening Bar
H&R 5mm Spacers (So the race wheels clear the calipers)
Fortune 500 Coilovers (Currently waiting for them to be installed)
DNA Racing Street Adjustable Sway Bar Endlinks (Currently waiting for them to be installed)
Mountune Short Shifter
RaceSeng Shift Knob

I haven't Dyno'd the car yet but I am planning on doing that soon.

My Wheel Setups:
1552 TurboMacs 17x7.5 in Rally White Wrapped in a Firehawk Indy 500 205/40/17
Enkei RPF1s 16x7 in Silver Wrapped in a Toyo Proxes R888R 205/45/16

I have taken the car to Palm Beach International Raceway where it ripped!!! I can't wait to put the coilovers on and to get the car dialed in.

This car is awesome!! I love it more and more everyday. I will continue to post more pictures and progress of the car.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
CherryM
Thread Starter #2
More photos

Attachments

OP
CherryM
Hello from Florida!

It looks like you've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at that car😁. It looks great✔️

The S280 is def the "it" turbo for the FiST right now✔️. I wimped out and went back to stock for other automotive platform pursuits, so I have to live vicariously with the FiST mods through the rest of you guys and gals✔😁

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just how much more power do you want/need than a tuned, E40 S280?!?

Is a limited slip diff in your future with all of this powah??

Just how much more power do you want/need than a tuned, E40 S280?!?
Looking at the above mod list, I would guess the OP will end up at 2x the power level he's at now before it is all said and done, LOL

E40 S280 is prob "only" 300ish whp? I think with HPFP and injectors Tune Plus got to ~400whp.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Looking at the above mod list, I would guess the OP will end up at 2x the power level he's at now before it is all said and done, LOL

E40 S280 is prob "only" 300ish whp? I think with HPFP and injectors Tune Plus got to ~400whp.
that‘s a max without aux fuel or larger injectors. The S280 pushes way past stock air fuel capabilities. Even my tuner had to back mine down because I was doing an initial pump gas tune. Between crazy TQ and HP cause clutch slippage at higher R’s and airflow limitations you’re running dangerously close to the bleeding edge with a e40 tune on a stock fuel system with this Turbo.

That would be me :) The OP is far braver with his fist than I am with mine😁.
ah lol you’re both from Florida with low post count I gotta look closer at the sig lol:ROFLMAO:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dump the S280 and get your Big boy pants on for a Garrett GTX gen2 KIt or even Better the G-series Turbo kit both are BB also. Bigger intercooler like a BA would do you good also and keep Temps at bay. Maybe Aux 4 port or The HPFP is in order for your thirstiness in the quest for more power. Just remember the more power you want the Stock block can only go for so long also before it becomes lawn art..If I was you id be getting an LSD with a Aluminum flywheel and ST200 clutch kit and see if you like it even more. If not Step it up into the BT world of Garrett. Good luck!

OP
CherryM
Thread Starter #14
Dump the S280 and get your Big boy pants on for a Garrett GTX gen2 KIt or even Better the G-series Turbo kit both are BB also. Bigger intercooler like a BA would do you good also and keep Temps at bay. Maybe Aux 4 port or The HPFP is in order for your thirstiness in the quest for more power. Just remember the more power you want the Stock block can only go for so long also before it becomes lawn art..If I was you id be getting an LSD with a Aluminum flywheel and ST200 clutch kit and see if you like it even more. If not Step it up into the BT world of Garrett. Good luck!
Thanks!!! Any other tips, tricks or advice with the motor or anything else?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeap...limit the torque in 1st and 2nd gear to save the drivetrain and the tires. Other than that these engines ...when in good health can bebtubes out to high 380whp-400whp. Want more than that...start building an engine* it does get to a point where there is such a thing as spinning isn't winning with these cars. An LSD helps but yoy will still eat tires.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I would suggest running the S280 and adding big injectors and a fuel pump and you will hit 400 whp if you want that much. You do not need to put a Garrett on. You just spent money on a S280 and he is advising you to dump a ton more cash into a Garrett setup.
Also that intercooler is fine for 400whp. You do not need to spend more on a intercooler.
Its pretty much the same size as a CPE . You do not need to go out and get a Bravo Alpha . Your build is not bad don’t let him fool you.
Its just Garrett Fanboi talk.

Stick with the fast spooling S280 you made the right choice.
He is just a Garrett Fanboi
There is a reason a lot of us are choosing the S280 over the Garrett. Its the modern smart choice.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll second the BA intercooler only because I had it and it was fantastic.
Coming from someone else with what I'd like to say is something called first hand experience * To OP id listen to those who have been there with certain mods aka intercooler and told they were inferior by a tuner as they turned the system into a giant Hair dryer and couldn't cool the system. Experience vs. Opinion here. I know what I would trust...Dont you?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Coming from someone else with what I'd like to say is something called first hand experience * To OP id listen to those who have been there with certain mods aka intercooler and told they were inferior by a tuner as they turned the system into a giant Hair dryer and couldn't cool the system. Experience vs. Opinion here. I know what I would trust...Dont you?

ah excuse me but you are exaggerating beyond all belief here. The Whoosh V3 is pretty much the same size as the CPE Delta Core which I have. They pretty much run a couple degrees over ambient according to data logs. That is not exactly a giant hair dryer lol and while the Bravo Alpha is good he is fine with what he has. Especially running the tune he is running. If he was going to go nuts for 400hp like some the crazed people like you then ya maybe the Bravo might be a good choice but at lower power and less boost it could be laggy in comparison due to size.
Oh and Magnetise was an admitted boost crazed HP nut pushing 34lbs.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Wow that is one heck of a list.
I bet the car is a blast to drive.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited: