Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My FiST does pops without a tune

OP
Salvaqe
Thread Starter #22
I figured out it's happening when I'm shifting somewhere between 3000 - 3500 rpm

OP
Salvaqe
Thread Starter #23
Managed to replicate it a good bit ever since the post. Doesn't always happen but it's consistent enough

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Never personally experienced or noticed it in the FiST. Stock drivetrain and exhaust. It's pretty quiet so there's no point in running a wwaayy-higher-than-necessary RPM unless there are severe traction issues, such as going down a steep slippery hill.

Re cause, sounds like she has the RPMs way higher than is necessary while feathering the throttle.
That is literally the only condition that causes it on the motorcycle and I only did that, either when someone was needlessly yoyo-ing their speed resulting with constant up/up/down/down shifting or if a particular PD was skulking for (certain kinds of) cars/people going 6.205789 MPH over posted.

Best of luck, pops are also caused my fuel getting into the exhaust are they not?
Yes it's from a buildup of unburned fuel, detonating in a hot exhaust. As long as it's not a constant or extreme thing, potentially overheating the catalytic converter, it doesn't hurt anything.
I think this can point to an evap system issue as well.
Evap recycles fuel tank vapor emissions into the air intake. I suppose it's possible but a solenoid valve malfunction theoretically should set emissions code(s).

OP
Salvaqe
Thread Starter #25
Never personally experienced or noticed it in the FiST. Stock drivetrain and exhaust. It's pretty quiet so there's no point in running a wwaayy-higher-than-necessary RPM unless there are severe traction issues, such as going down a steep slippery hill.

Re cause, sounds like she has the RPMs way higher than is necessary while feathering the throttle.
That is literally the only condition that causes it on the motorcycle and I only did that, either when someone was needlessly yoyo-ing their speed resulting with constant up/up/down/down shifting or if a particular PD was skulking for (certain kinds of) cars/people going 6.205789 MPH over posted.

Yes it's from a buildup of unburned fuel, detonating in a hot exhaust. As long as it's not a constant or extreme thing, potentially overheating the catalytic converter, it doesn't hurt anything.

Evap recycles fuel tank vapor emissions into the air intake. I suppose it's possible but a solenoid valve malfunction theoretically should set emissions code(s).
Appreciate the response, I haven't heard of anything from the mechanics relating that when I bring the car in. I'm guessing it's just the quality/condition of the exhaust. The car rarely pops being revved at 4k+ and I only really get pops during shifts. Typically at rpms like 3000 - 3500 is the easiest to replicate it.

I get an occasional pop upon decel under a heavier load or after a bit of sustained highway speeds with both my factory exhaust as well as my Greddy. Its not a super consistent thing for me at all so I have never really payed too much mind to it.

i get pops but its because i have a downpipe leak where the downpipe mates to the turbo.