Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help removing airbag light

I'm having a terrible time trying to get this light to go away.

I swapped in recaros and the light came on, I've been driving with the light on but need an inspection and want it to go away before I bring it in.

I have forscan, I reset the RCM module and cleared the DTCs, but when I turned my car back on the light was still there.

Forscan gave me error code B1407 - passenger side airbag deployment control

Additional fault symptom:
Circuit open

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is something you CANNOT turn off as it is a safety issue. The only way to turn the light off is doing the repair and the computer will run a self check and see its operating properly and then it will turn the light off.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
FistToFast
Thread Starter #3
This is something you CANNOT turn off as it is a safety issue. The only way to turn the light off is doing the repair and the computer will run a self check and see its operating properly and then it will turn the light off.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
That makes sense I'm not trying to bypass any safety, so there must be an issue with the hook up. I wonder if it is actually the passenger side airbag that is at fault and not the the drivers as well. If I remember correctly the install guide swapped the drivers side harness, but not the passengers. So maybe the harness did need to be swapped on the passengers side.

To an Electrician an Open Circuit means either a switch is OFF or a connection became disconnected. For a computer geek writing a diagnostic system all bets are off. However on the rare chance that geek actually is a rational human being it may prove worthwhile to look for something that came unplugged during your seat swap. Since it's for the Passenger Side Airbag I have to wonder if your original seats didn't have a weight sensor. If so I would look for that sensor wire on your Recaro's and see if that can be connected.

I will also note that any light CAN be turned off. For example one method for turning off a light that is driving you crazy would be to burrow down to the offending bulb or LED and crushing it with some pliers.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Why not just put a resister across the airbag connector to simulate the airbag?

OP
FistToFast
Thread Starter #6
Why not just put a resister across the airbag connector to simulate the airbag?
Others have done recaro swaps and not had the airbag light come on or have resolved the issue and the airbag light has gone away. I'd like to know my airbags are working properly.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
OP
FistToFast
Thread Starter #8
OP
FistToFast
Thread Starter #9
I switched out the harness for the underside of the recaro with the one from my stock passenger seat, I don't have forscan available today and when I turned the car on the airbag light went off for a second before coming back on. I'll try to clear the fault tomorrow in the evening and see if that helps.

While attaching the harness I noticed two connections that aren't made, I check the driver's seat and see one is connected but the other isn't. In this picture I'm holding the connection that is made on the driver's side, I believe the other connection neither use is the seat heater.

Does anyone have a picture, schematic, diagram of the under seat harness? IMG_20200209_152125.jpg