Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help removing and reinstalling headlights on USDM FiST PLEASE HELP!!!

LILIKE16ST

I have removed the headlights and reinstalled them a couple of different times and it is VERY DIFFICULT! I basically just pull back and forth all over the place and hope for the best as far as not breaking them and this is obviously not the correct way and I don't want to end up breaking something. It is weird I cannot for the life of me figure out the correct way to do this. There has to be some sort of method or trick to doing this in an easier way. I need to remove a headlight tomorrow in order to do some final mods to my cold side charge pipe I just installed along with my new depo racing intercooler. I have a boost leak and I need to free the cold side pipe (without removing the bumper again) and I can get access by taking out the headlight and although I've taken them out a couple of times already both times I was pretty much just pulling and tugging and pushing in all directions to the point where it seems like I am about to break them and somehow have gotten lucky enough to remove them (and reinstall them which is also difficult) without breaking anything (so far). I don't know if it's just me or maybe something with my car but I have not really seen anyone else on the forums or google or anywhere who talk about this being difficult but for whatever reason with mine it seems to be nearly impossible to get them out and back in. The owners manual does not really mention anything about a particular way to get them out and reinstall them and the how to videos I've seen that involve removal of the headlights always seem to just say "pull up" or something like that and that DOES NOT work for me. I am thinking there HAS to be some sort of trick to it that I just can't seem to figure out. If someone could point me in the right direction on how to do this it would be GREATLY appreciated. I have all the necessary bolts and screws removed the light just seems really difficult to pull and reinstall. Thanks in advance!
Michael

I have removed the headlights and reinstalled them a couple of different times and it is VERY DIFFICULT! I basically just pull back and forth all over the place and hope for the best as far as not breaking them and this is obviously not the correct way and I don't want to end up breaking something. It is weird I cannot for the life of me figure out the correct way to do this. There has to be some sort of method or trick to doing this in an easier way. I need to remove a headlight tomorrow in order to do some final mods to my cold side charge pipe I just installed along with my new depo racing intercooler. I have a boost leak and I need to free the cold side pipe (without removing the bumper again) and I can get access by taking out the headlight and although I've taken them out a couple of times already both times I was pretty much just pulling and tugging and pushing in all directions to the point where it seems like I am about to break them and somehow have gotten lucky enough to remove them (and reinstall them which is also difficult) without breaking anything (so far). I don't know if it's just me or maybe something with my car but I have not really seen anyone else on the forums or google or anywhere who talk about this being difficult but for whatever reason with mine it seems to be nearly impossible to get them out and back in. The owners manual does not really mention anything about a particular way to get them out and reinstall them and the how to videos I've seen that involve removal of the headlights always seem to just say "pull up" or something like that and that DOES NOT work for me. I am thinking there HAS to be some sort of trick to it that I just can't seem to figure out. If someone could point me in the right direction on how to do this it would be GREATLY appreciated. I have all the necessary bolts and screws removed the light just seems really difficult to pull and reinstall. Thanks in advance!
Michael
Removing them isn't too bad, I just push them toward the firewall then lift up on the back to pop them out. If you look below the headlight there is a white clip that the light snaps into. Putting them back in can be a little troublesome but nothing crazy. I guide the front down so the tabs on the headlight go under the bumper then rock it back to snap into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Unscrew the 3 screws 2 metal 1 plastic. Push towards the windshield and pull up from he windshield side. Install in reverse making sure the white clamp on the car frame is lined up properly.

This Mishimoto video should help explain. https://youtu.be/igBp0_vTuMo

I think it might have something to do with the location or profile of the white clip it locks into. When I removed mine earlier this year after watching several videos the right side popped out easy enough but the left would not come out just like you describe. I honestly thought I was going to break it and struggled for ages to the point I walked away for a while before pushing and pulling it and eventually getting it out.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've removed mine at least 4 times. It's that white tab that is all temperamental. Sometimes they just pop right out and other times they wanna scare into believing I broke them lol

What everyone else says. That white tab sucks. I remove my passenger side from time to time to empty my catch can. I figure when I break them it's time for a projector retro. :)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I had no problem removing the driver side headlights once all the screws were out. Unfortunately, replacing the lamp was troublesome. Kept feeling like it would break trying to put it in and I didn't want to force it. Thankfully I was able to replace passenger side bulbs without removing the headlights.

Sent using Tapatalk

I've had my lights in and out maybe 3 times with no issues. Last week I had them out again and ran into the issue you described with the pass side. I was getting really frustrated so I just took a break before I got a hammer out..... Went in when I went back at it. Theres a clip on the bottom that seems to be the culprit talked about in this thread. Seemingly random whether it wants to cooperate or not.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk