Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help!!

Hey guys im having an issue with my 15 fiesta st that I can't figure out... And either can ford.

So my car needed to have the brake pads changed so I did rotors and pads(stop tech). After bleeding the brakes and going for a quick test drive i noticed the brake pressure wasnt releasing. Which causes all wheels to lock after a short period.

So i took it all apart and made sure everything was in correctly and it was. I can reset the calipers and spin the wheels freely, however if you hit the brake pedal a few times with the car on or off it will lock the wheels. I have no idea whats going on with it and need help. You can release the pressure by opening the line anywhere from the caliper all the way to the master cylinder.

What ive done so far:
1. Replaced rotors and pads.
2. Bled brakes multiple times.
3. Replaces brake lines with stainless.
4. Rebuilt 1 caliper
5. Replaced slide pins
6. Replaced the master cylinder.

After all this and having very little time to work on the car. I had it towed to a local ford dealer.

What they have done:
1.replaced the master cylinder.
2. Abs bleed.
3. Manual bleed.

Still no resolution. And the dealer says they are not sure what the issue is but want to replace the lines, pads, rotors, calipers with factory ford. Also they are not sure if this will fix the issue.

Im at a loss and will not pay thousands for something that wont fix my car. I really hope someone here had a similar issue and can help me out. I no longer have confidence in the dealer trying to rip me off and do trial and error at my expense.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Ill be thinking about this today. Sounds to me like your brakes aren't releasing pressure after you let go of the brake pedal.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
That is exactly what's happening. I just can't figure out why. No lights or anything just locking brakes. I find it hard to beleive that i got 2 faulty master cylinders but thats the only logical thing I can think of.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, look into the torque vectoring system to get an idea of what it is. Your problem could be electronic and not mechanical.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Do you happen to know if its specifically one brake or all of them? Also, before spending any money (this might seem stupid but ive know smart people who have done it too) verify that the e brake is completely disengaged.

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
It's all of them. I would have thought caliper if it was one. Thats one readon I went for the master cylinder. If it was 2 I would have went to abs/distribution block

It's all of them. I would have thought caliper if it was one. Thats one readon I went for the master cylinder. If it was 2 I would have went to abs/distribution block
I would still try to pin point that 1 caliper you rebuilt. If that caliper is faulty that lock up one wheel, the abs and vector system may kick in to disrupt the whole system. Jack up the car and pump the brakes and if all wheels will lock. This might tell you whether it is electrical or mechanical issue.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I bet you its a partially collapsed brake line. That would explain why it doesnt release the pressure. But itd have to be on each of them or coming from the master cylinder.

OP
A
Thread Starter #10
It does it whether car is on or off. Also i replaced all 4 lines with steel braided lines thinking the same thing altho its unlikely that all 4 go at the same time and have not had issues at all previously. Car only has 37k on it. I rebuilt the caliper just to see if it would fix the one corner and. It did not help at all.

So it started to lock up just after replacing rotors and pads, and bled the system?

OP
A
Thread Starter #12
There isnt any other soft lines besides the 4 corners right? I believe everything else is hard line.

OP
A
Thread Starter #13
Yes immediately after brake job. Also this is not my first rodeo either. I done it at lease 15 times on other vehicles. Ive had quite a few

Well, you can trace back if you did something out of the ordinary during retracting the pistons and the bleeding process. It can only go wrong here. Did you open the brake fluid reservoir cap or crack open the bleeder screw during the piston retraction? Did you use the retracting tools? What method of bleeding process did you do? Some pressure and vacuum bleeder can damage brake components if not done correctly.

OP
A
Thread Starter #15
I cracked the bleeder on the caliper when pushing in piston. I did use the tool. And bled them manually rr lr rf lf. Had my brother push the pedal as I bled and refilled fluid as needed. Im not sure how anything done could have caused it. Maybe im missing something?

OP
A
Thread Starter #16
I cracked the bleeder on the caliper when pushing in piston. I did use the tool. And bled them manually rr lr rf lf. Had my brother push the pedal as I bled and refilled fluid as needed. Im not sure how anything done could have caused it. Maybe im missing something? Also I redid everything at least 4 times thinking i did something stupid. I even switch the pads from side to side making sure everything lined up.

After doing it multiple times is when I did the caliper.. Then brake lines... Then the master cylinder with no luck

Sounds like ABS module issue. The only component that can act faulty like a check valve. I don't think it is master cylinder because it already replaced twice and all the lines are just pipes.

One other thing you can do is see if the fluid will push back into the reservoir by pushing the pistons.

OP
A
Thread Starter #19
I didnt try pulling up on the brake pedal? The boosted is non adjustable if thats what your getting at. And I didnt replace abs module or think its the issue because you can release the pressure all the way to the master. Crack line between master and abs and its fine until you touch the brakes.

OP
A
Thread Starter #20
Also wouldnt an issue with the abs module lead to a light on the dash? I have no lights